posion ivy cures

It is absolutely impossible to spread poison ivy to yourself or anyone else from the wounds themselves or any of the pus inside the wound. It is the oil from the plant that causes it. Once washed, you can’t spread it even if the sores are wide open and oozing. You can, however, keep getting it if the clothes you wore still have the oil on them. I always got it from the shoelaces of my bike shoes, and from yard-working gloves. I learned I had to wash all that every time or I just would get it the next time I tied those shoes or used the work gloves. PITA but what I had to do to not get it as much. I never got it when I was younger and last year I got it all the time. So far, nothing this year.
Go to http://poisonivy.aesir.com/ for all the myths and facts.

As for becoming immune to it- I have never gotten it. I have grabbed a plant in my hand, walked through it, probably even fallen face first into it running through woods as a kid. Still, never got it. Some people do not have the allergy to that reacts to the oils.

Much like all allergies, they can go away with age, or appear with age.

You, My Friend, found what ive always called ICH Weed, and it is some nasty shit! Anybody who dont believe u or I can drop by the shop, i have my own personal forest full and rich of that shit!

Poison ivy has been my lifelong battle, lol

bleach with HOT water while scratching always did the trick, as well as

Parts cleaner, (when cleaning parts the infection felt better)

Swimming pool is a good call as well, but u need the public one, u know the one with 60% Chlorine content…

But when i was stuck with it for a while id scald myself with hot water for short term relief, or smack the spot several times, the itch goes away for about 10 minutes after each torture session

A few notes.

Poison ivy does not and cannot spread by scratching.

Poison ivy is small skin colored bumps usually in a formation, (straight line)

Poison Sumac, and OAk are the gooey blisters that seep nasty liquids and puss, different allergy, different solution.

Bumps on ur shaft and balls are called Herpies, i dont care if u noticed them while u had Poison ivy, they are herps, and cream wont make that go away, lol

good day :hs:

the oil that oozes from the scracthed open sores can spread if you get it on a towel getting out of the shower it can spread from contact… it got me good, the doctor didn’t think I would regrow hair on my leg from how bad it got. It was over the next few weeks that it got into my blood stream, again from what my doctor told me, I’ve had a batch every summer since '90 when It first got infected. I don’t have to come in direct contact with it. I can literally be down wind from it and I can catch it. I’ve already had an outbreak this summer, on my legs and I was in full dress pants, dress shoes, long sleeve shirts for the entire week that it happend…