Possible bad Transmission

So I finally got the Elantra back on the road. It was driving fine for the past few days. When I left for work today at 1:00pm, I noticed it was acting rather strange. When I push the acceleration pedal down to 50%, it will take awhile for the RPM’s to build then it will finally go. It will get to about 4,000rpm and then shift alittle hard. During highway cruising at 60-70mph is will be fine. I checked the fluid and its fine, no burnt smell and at the right level. Thoughts?

I bet your CEL comes on here very soon for a P0732 Incorrect 2nd Gear Ratio. (Im guessing this its an auto tranny?)Replacement of a tranny if thats the case. Thats just my .02 but with out physically looking at it… just a guess

So the transmission went. And the timing belt went, bending some valves. Going to get a new engine and trans down to 1st-Try to get it installed this wee.

So much for the daily driver thing huh?

http://pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31614

geeze sorry to hear about that bad luck…2 major components at once sucks

Na, its not the end of the world. I still have my truck. The Elantra was going to my girlfriend anyway’s. I’m actually not mad it really happened. Atleast I have a spare motor to build now!

how true…spare motor FTW

dude i have tons of elantra motors at my shop laying around that need stupid shit. We just gave 13 away a few weeks ago to a scrap collector. PM let me know what you need…

pics of GF?

:hsugh:

X2