Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

Apparently I dont need to right now. My brother looked into it and found out it doesnt need rejetting with just the filter but if I did anything else to the intake or exhaust Id need to get it done. He’s got the exact same quad.

I just bought this:
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/42000091/Images/2/9754P.jpg

Do you have a decent ear for tuning? Liston for pinging, or decel pops… if you hear them you may need to rejet a bit. Honestly alot of quads come rather lean right out of the box. Do a plug chop: warm up the machine then slowly get to 4th gear, and hold your thumb to the bar from idle to redline, then pull in the clutch and hit the kill switch. DO NOT start it again, let it cool and take the plug out. Read the plug. If you dont know how to read the plug… ask for help.

And yes changin an air filter can throw a tune off alot actually. Stock 04-05 yfz450’s were lean from the factory. Just taking the lid off and pulling the pee shooter on my machine, I copped the plug and it was WHITE. I ended up bumping up the main, and moving the needle one position richer and it was nice.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/general/ge_exclaim_uhp_ci2_l.jpg

X4. :shifty No more driving around on garbage Pirellis.

those arent much better than bald pirellis

The pirellis that came on my car are garbage. I drove my friends SS with those tires and it was a night and day difference. I had those on my Z24 too and they were kick ass, even in the rain.

Everyone just likes to hate on them because they don’t cost 200 dollars for one tire :lol

i dont like the tread block design.

Theyre not bad trust me. There was a big bitchfest on css.net about them, everyone who was talking shit was just going by the price and how the tire looks, etc. Nobody actually drove on those specific tires. Idiots. I hate that forum.

ive driven on them. my friends VR6-turbo has them out in washington. they arent the worst tire, but i dont like them personally. beats a kumho

clutch?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3360239277_5b731cdbc8.jpg?v=0

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the General Exclaim UHP’s…I just bought a set myself

You won’t be disappointed. They’re no drag radial OBVIOUSLY but for 94 bucks for 225-40-18 I am not going to complain about their performance at ALL.

Yeah I got a set of 4 for $280, not going to complain there

Yo we should meet up and do a 2 car general exclaim uhp burnout in front of deadbeatrec’s house and then run over his mailbox afterword with the tires

im sure the outcome of that will be tragic.

lol well reason #1 why I would not do that is because he would probably kill us and reason #2 is that I’m not about to burnout with my brand new tires :lol

True. Well maybe when theyre more worn…I gotta get back at him somehow for running over my lawn

I just bought the filter last night and dont have it so I cant check it yet. I havent ever checked the plug on the quad before. Ill have to try it once the filter is on.

My brother asked around on a Polaris forum.

:rofl He didn’t run over your lawn

I know :lol Just fuckin around

Calm down calm down csholtes