Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

I USE PB BLASTER ON EM AS IT EVAPORATES AND LEAVES A SLIGHT FILM . I NEVERSIEZE RIGOR TO HUB DOWNGRADING THOUGH .

Autocorrect fist-fucked you again! LOL

:lol

Fuckkkkkkkk

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/478445_10150800977482021_502502020_9765036_2099217878_o.jpg

yea buddy! MOAR transmissions.

I’m not putting antiseize on a $300 set of lug nuts lol. All extented open end nuts are prone to rust. Painting the inside eliminates that issue.

Jim DO NOT PUT antiseize on lugs. EVER. penetrating oil only if rusted. /thread.

unpossible

paint will scrape off as the threads interference works against both surfaces, exposing the metal, and just clogging up the threads with hunks of paint.

Also, paint on threads? Usually I am taking any painted threads to a wire wheel on the bench grinder, becasue that shit will bog up a thread in seconds.

AND

$300forlugsUmad!

I wouldn’t be painting them if they were mine either. It’s not like you’re putting them on your winter car.

True. I may just dry them each time and see how it looks. Another guy with the same lugs painted the inside of his with model car paint and a small brush and never had an issue with rust.

The closed end version goes for $425. I wanted Fortune Auto titanium lugs but not for $500 and the chance they seize to the stud.

And obviously I wouldn’t paint the entire threaded portion of the lug, just where the stud doesn’t contact the lug or the first two threads from that point.

i thought open ended lugs were for long studs?

I still cant wrap my head around paying anything more than $80 for new lug nuts.

I am leaving now. Kthxby

baller nuts ITT.

Will never paint or lubricate my nutz. Never have issues with the nuts or studs corroding anyway.

It is and it isn’t. It’s like a beater 100hp daily civic vs a 400 hp f body running at LVD. Even with proper torque at each lug from a torque wrench I would always have 1 or 2 loose lugs on the back of my car after a pass or 2 and it was only 300 whp. It’s the burn outs, kind of the same principle much higher load on the bus lugs.

Exactly. Race anything attention to details keep you out of the wall. Daily drivers, the forces are nothing compared to track duty and dont really bring issues to the forefront.

Example, went out to a track day at Limerock with a fathers friend. 2 laps into a run and we had a wicked vibration in hard corners, had to pull off. First thing he said was my damn tq bar better not be off again. Sure enough, the lugs were something like 10ftlbs or something off, when he borrowed a friends tq bar. tightened them up to tq with the other bar, went out absolutely no problem, vibration 100% went away. Amazing what that small difference made. Ofcoruse this was 135-145mph diving into corners, so the forces are quite a bit!

Well, it looks like this thread will die out soon.

Wayne just got admitted to the physic ward, hes going through heavy withdrawals, every please wish him the best.

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4863&stc=1&d=1337275787

Searchtempest.com

Cl modified their shit so mass search engines would operate differently.

THOSESUMMINABITCHES

thanks for the link!