post your squeeks, rattles and clunks

who did you buy that front bumper off of?

pretty sure it used to be mine.

it seems like it’s making the rounds on the boards. what a slut :3some:

as for rattles, just to keep it on topic;

just before putting the car away in november one of my exhaust hangers snapped off and kept banging away at the floor. and the many other random squeeks and rattles all of our cars encounter. sunroof goes crazy at over 190…really hurts your ears.

My drivers side headlight rattles like a mofo when its down, when their up its fine. It seems like there is play in the shaft that connects to the actual motor so i dunno if there are anyways of fixing it. I guess ratles are a small price to pay for having almost rock solid motor mounts though.

damn… here I’m thinking my hatch is a pos but mean while all you guys with nicer cars have more rattles and sounds then I do… :lol:

I also have a buzzing/rattle in my shifter other than that the cars good. Anyone here have solid sub-frame bushings and motor mounts? how is the ride?

Same, any way to get rid of this? Mine are brand new too…

Any way to get rid of the shifter noise @ high RPM ? It’s VERY loud.[/quote]-

Do you have an aftermarket knob? if so its probably the screw on part thats rattling, but yeah i have most of the aformentiond squeeks

Yeah I have an aftermarket knob, but it’s not what vibrates… it’s the short shift kit that causes the noise, all of them do I think. Is there a way to get rid of it though ?

cut apart the shifter and fill it with fudging RUBBER like the OEM shifter. If you want comfort, stick with oem, if you want a shorter shift, you lose comfort. there is no in between.

You would shit yourself if you could handle a ride in my car on the track :wink:

What does comfort have to do with making lots of noise? The short shifter feels fine, its comfortable, it just gets loud.

My sunroof wistles, my wipers squeek, and my rear driverside window vibrates at a surtan RPM making a vibrating sound and my exhaust is way too loud. Next spring I will fix all these things.

What does comfort have to do with making lots of noise? The short shifter feels fine, its comfortable, it just gets loud.[/quote]

I’ll try this on my shifter as well when I get the time… it might help.

also, my car rattles everywhere… I don’t even know where to begin to even look for rattles to try to fix them…