Powder Coating vs Anodizing Wheels Need Opinions

I just got my wheels probably about a month ago and although I love the polish look cleaning them and keeping them clean makes me want to bash my fucking head in.

Also having said this I have always wanted them, lips centers and barrels, in a dark shiny bronze. CCW wouldnt do this for me, they would only do what they have listed and this wasn’t an option. Not going to bitch for the price I got them for so having said that, I want to know what the best way would be to go about this? Powder Coating vs Anodizing? Which one to choose, prices, places etc. Yes I did search but still haven’t found the answer I am looking for.

I want the whole wheel to look like the lip of the wheel in the picture below. I know it says glossy anodized bronze in the title itself but I wasnt sure if this was an option going over the way the wheel is currently. I wasn’t sure if powder coat could be shiny but then I found that is sometimes could be etc. I really dont know much about this shit which is why I am asking. My wheels currently are polished lips, anodized silver centers, and nothing on the barrels. Any help would be great. Thanks!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/steve2k1116/meister-mhg_zps0274c2df.jpg

anoplate is relatively close and does a bunch of stuff:

if you call tell them someone from RIT’s FSAE team recommended them.

that is plated all day…you will NEVER achieve this look with powder.
why dont you just text me you mongoloid, my mother could have told you that.

ill text you you chooch

The seal used in Anodize cant hold up to UV. Therefore sunlight will break it down. Once that happens the dye will leach out really easily, resulting in crappy looking parts. I think what you want is called " e-coating " and it looks like BFG does it locally. I am not sure it they offer retail services.

http://zincplating.com/painting/ecoating/

with different types of finishes currently, you will get different looks with coatings on those parts

if your whole wheel is polished you can get very close imo to the outside of that wheel with powder

what do you think powder only comes in flat Lol

andonized stuff can’t hold up to uv or extreme heat. which is why tial wastegates fade and look like shit if they aren’t polished.

detective coating did my sparkplugcover in candy purple and it matches exact and looks the same as my tial shit

the lips are anzonized, the centers are PAINTED and both cleared.

i found this out thru google. you must not have tried hard enough

edit: more stuff found out thru google
you just strip your centers and then re-andonize everything

see i have found that powder coat can be shiny. i know that the lips are anodized and the centers are painted, i said that, however as you stated i do not want them to fad ect. i wasnt sure if a clear coat would solve this or not. whatever i do to achieve this look i want it to last. i will have to look more into powder coating then as well. thanks

Id imagine people would be pretty pissed if the wheels discolored since that coating is an extra 250 per wheel . Maybe the clear helps then

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

yeah exactly. and in this situation i dont mind spending good money as long as its done right and will last. im going to contact work themselves and see if i could send them to them to have them done in that finish or at least get more info on it

Contact detective coating to see if it’s something he’d be interested in doing. I have a set of Volks getting refinished by him now

Bump.

Looking to powder coat my ///M wheels but hearing mixed reviews on if its smart to do with the heat and makes them weaker. With the potholes we have around here, I don’t want my rim to crack esp with the temperature changes we have.

Thoughts on getting them done in Buffalo?

Detective coating. Almost every wheel is powder coated. It doesn’t affect the wheel at all

powder coating wheels is standard practice. i think it’s easier and more durable than anodizing but that is probably dependent on who does it.

i had a local guy up here in Ontario powder a set of Enkeis for my BMW and at first i thought it was going to chip easily but after a year and having mounted several sets of tires there isnt a single chip in them… def give detective coating a try though.

No shit I literally lived down the street from these guys when I was in Syracuse. Never took the time to look into the stuff they did.

edit- It would be exactly a 2 hour trip one way out of Buffalo.

I just found out they don’t do walk in’s really, only large run commercial stuff. :confused:

yeah i found that out when i was trying to get this done. there are a few good powder coaters in the area, i have been looking into this because if i keep my ssts i will be doing a few changes. my cousin used Du-All finishing inc and they did a great job. I know IanK has a place in ohio that he goes to too that has great pricing and great work.

I just sent a message to a Rochester company, ctiroc.com, we’ll see what they come back with. I was hoping for KTM orange but they only do clear, black, red, and blue.