Power Window and Blower Probs, Just Multimeter Tested

Hi Guys

I’m havin a few annoying issues lately, so maybe some pro’s can give me some advice.
(I’ve got a '95 S14)

My passenger side window is havin some issues. I’ve read about the driver side issue, but nobody seems to have solved this one.

The passenger window won’t roll DOWN from the passenger controll. It WILL however always roll UP. The driver side control will SOMETIMES roll the window up and down, and when it doesn’t, it can be fixed my holding down and wiggling the passenger side switch up and down.

I picked up a multimeter today and attempted to see if i could use the thing.

I uplugged the Pass. switch and stuck it in the connector that looks like:

|- -|
|- --|

I plugged the multimeter into all and found power in bottom 2nd from left. It was reading 12.2 and slightly less when I rolled up the window. Same with from the driver side. When I tried to roll it down from the P or the D side it automaticaly went to 0. Does this help diagnose the prob at all??

The other prob:

My Blower just recently stopped working. (Not the resistor, I’ve already been through that). It suddenly stopped working on ALL levels. I plugged the multimeter into the power connector on the Blower and it read a solid 12.2 when I turned the fan on. Is that pretty much confirmed the blower motor is dead?? I was attempting to take it out, but it looks like I might have to get the dash off to do so!! :frowning:

Thanks in advance,
James

Not sure if the s13 and s14 power window systems are the same. Sounds like a relay is damaged ?

You need an FSM that will show you the step by step procedure of things to check then you can determine what is causing problem with the window.

No idea about how to remove a blower motor on an s14 either, sorry!