Powersteering is dead

Well I let a slow leaking powersteering hose leak for a year…Now my powersteering is totally dead. I can’t get it fixed until probably monday. I think my pump went. Is it bad to drive the car like this?? Will I mess up the rack or anything? Any help would be appreciated. :tear:

All I can suggest would be drive as little as possible and get it fixed ASAP! :slight_smile:

The rack should be fine, but your pump will not like running with no fluid.

its fine to drive, it will give you forearms like steel.

dont try to drift it tho, you’ll crash or spin out unless you can muscle the wheel around to counter steer before the car is too sideways. its doable.

i didnt have P.S. all summer, lots of fun.

PS is gay.

no one needs it.

needless to say i dont have it and never will…

GT

Greg drifted his…

i drifted mine. its just very hard. me and greg are like hans and frans, we want to pump, you up!

you forgot the clap! inbetween the We want to Pump clap You up!!

hahahaha

ahhh true!

now i feel like a guuurly man :oops:

LOL, thanks for the tip. I didn’t even think of drifting without powersteerting as I probably would crash the car :? :wtcslap: The ironic thing is it died after I pulled a drift around a corner on the wet pavement. :thumbsdown:

CLASSIC!!!

remove the belt from your ps pump, and u should be fine. keep in mind, when parking, to get it right the first time. i drove a 91 mr2 turbo with no ps, and man, i was sweating by the time i got outta the parking lot. most hardcore tuners i know always remove the ps, and wouldn’t it free up a pony or 2??

i drifted a hatch with sr at 12psi with no ps and it was a waste of my time

straights were fun though

its a lot nicer to flow with the car than to battle the car