Pray for bills te kevin everett

[quote=“Afrank45,post:49,topic:35083"”]

Sadly I doubt it Rick he hasnt been around long enough and TE’s dont make pennies compared to the glamour positions. I just hope the bills/nfl do him right and take care of him and his family

[/quote]

i think they will. i remember hearing a story about ralph wilson funding some former players heart or lung transplant.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:59,topic:35083"”]

I wonder if they can change the equipment/helmets so somehow prevent these spinal cord injuries.

[/quote]

there is no way, this is a compression injury the amount of force we are talkign is like a 20 foot fall straight onto the top of your head… nothing can protect you against freak stuff like that… the neck is like a pipe cleanner if u push the two ends chances are it will deflect out of the way and teh shoulder will take the blow, but when teh stars align the neck will comress into the body, and thats where bones break and put shards into the spinal cord

shit from your spelling you must be a doctor :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark kelso FTW

Huge breaking news http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=7059077

thats great now lets just hope he can make more improvement day to day

Woah.

For even the doctor to start admitting that things are looking much better is a good sign.

+++ vibes.

thats the kind of news that i like to read

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

thats awesome :tup: i certainly hope he is able to recover fully

very good to hear :slight_smile:

:tup::tup::tup::tup:

[Q] You said they lowered his body temperature. What did that do?

[A] Its one of the things that prevents the cord from swelling, along with the steroids. The treatment protocol was designed by Dr. Barth Green in Miami, who happens to be a personal friend of Ralph Wilson.

And that’s really interesting how they lowered his body temp and gave him the steroids pretty much immediately.

So great to hear…the doctor from the Miami Project said that he will walk out of the hospital…not any time soon but in the coming weeks and months.

Hopefully that is not just over optimistic and becomes a reality.

AWESOME NEWS

:tup:

I was so happy when I read that. Great news.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7216176?MSNHPHMA&gt1=10437

theres the nfl.com story if anyone is interested in that.

That is why if you get a diagnosis,it doesn’t hurt to get a 2nd opinion.LOL

dr. cappuccino said the first day that he will have valleys and peaks throughout his recovery. he also said it was possible that he may walk again but didnt look promising at the time

[quote=“jay940,post:78,topic:35083"”]

dr. cappuccino said the first day that he will have valleys and peaks throughout his recovery. he also said it was possible that he may walk again but didnt look promising at the time

[/quote]

Reread the recnt news links. Dr Cappucino himself is being optimistic. The results of the new tests were very promising in showing little swelling, and no observable damage to the cord itself.

Everything played in just perfectly. Quick response, quick treatment, and a stroke of luck. (which I know a TON about, my dad should be dead or a vegetable, but luck played a massive part in his 100% recovery from a massive stroke)

hes supposed to walk out of the hospital if no one said that already.