Pretty cool website service @ Northown Collission

Check the status of your car online, with pics!

Click “Check Vehicle Here” at the top of the page.
http://www.northtowncollisioncenter.com/

Here’s my fiance’s Proteghey:
http://www.checkyourvehicle.com/cgi-bin/vsp2.cgi?keytag=307139&shopid=1262&language=

why the funny car?(on the website)

Maybe to emphasize that they’re “fast”? :gotme:

what happened to the mazda? it looks fucked.

Not that bad, just looks fucked because it’s disassembled. My fiance was passing a work van that was stopped on the shoulder. When she was halfway around him he decided to turn left real quick without signaling. Her front right corner met his driver’s side.

I think they cut off the old upper bracketry there and welded in new. I’m not sure if they fixed or replaced the fender, bumper, and hood. Obviously new lighting at that corner.

i used to work there :slight_smile: it was totally my idea.

Word? Good idea! Pics of the work in progress lends to their credibility, and probably helps reduce the number of phone calls.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:2,topic:25856"”]

why the funny car?(on the website)

[/quote]

Maybe they’re a sponsor?

well not really. but i could have thought of it if i wanted to…lol.

Neat idea but their work sucks, do not let them fix anything of yours.

and they’re madddd expensive. just fix it yourself :eekdance:

i had some collision work done there when i had my mazda. i thought the guy did an awesome job. it was a little pricey, but i wasnt paying for it.

It was a nightmare for me and the sti. They drilled into my bumper to mound the liscense plate that i had hidden under my seat. They patched the holes with bondo. The hood chips more everytime i wash it and they claim its stone chips. The only place the car loses paint is on the hood. They can’t paint aluminum for dick.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:13,topic:25856"”]

liscense plate that i had hidden under my seat…

[/quote]

hahahaha :snky:

kinda cool. whenever i bring a car anywhere, i always drive by. make sure it’s there, being worked on etc.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:10,topic:25856"”]

Neat idea but their work sucks, do not let them fix anything of yours.

[/quote]

Hm. You’re the first person I’ve heard say anything bad about the place. My fiance had a similar corner smack this past summer (right rear.) We took it there and so far so good.

As for price and/or DIY, that’s what insurance is for. $500 deductable and Geico eats the rest.

hmm…looks pretty cool service :slight_smile:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:16,topic:25856"”]

Hm. You’re the first person I’ve heard say anything bad about the place. My fiance had a similar corner smack this past summer (right rear.) We took it there and so far so good.

As for price and/or DIY, that’s what insurance is for. $500 deductable and Geico eats the rest.

[/quote]

Happened to me and another guy with an sti got his back and the hood wasn’t lined up right and the panels were a bit off. My buddy works sales there and says their manager is a douche. I just don’t like how i was treated and was blamed for having stone chips where my windshield and bumper were spotless but the aluminum is horrible.

That does sound pretty shitty. Hopefully they just don’t like STI’s. :stuck_out_tongue: