Problem with the R6... Need help ASAP

Yesterday I went on a long motorcycle run… just shy of 100mi total. Everything was perfectly fine on the bike, the temp. rarely went high enough to kick the fan on (only a few times when stopped at a light), never had any sputtering issues or anything… the bike ran great. I got it home and put it in the garage with still no problems. Well I went out this morning to take it to work and the ground was completely clean. I started it up, it ran for about 15 seconds then just shut off. I figured it maybe just stalled so I hit the start button again and all of a sudden about 1/2 a gallon of fuel just dumps on the ground like someone opened the flood gates. So needless to say I shut it right down and took the VW to work, but what could cause that much fuel to dump at once. I already had a fuel line shit the bed on me this year (got pinched by something… still not sure what) but that was a very small leak. And if it is the fuel line again, what options do I have for replacement? Do they make steel braided covers to go over the rubber so it cant get pinched/cut by something under the tank??? This really sucks b/c its supposed to be the first great week of the season so I really need to get the bike fixed tonight. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I’m guessing the fuel line that was replaced popped off.

Is this an EFI bike?

Do EFI bikes have fuel pumps? Just curious

Yes its EFI and yes it has a pump, but it just seemed to be a hell of a lot of fuel in a very short time. Maybe the line came off but I’m not sure why it would all of a sudden just pop off after being fine for at least a little over a month now.

sounds like just enough time for a shitty hose clamping job to come undone to me.

Can you pin point where exactly the fuel is coming from? Sorry, I suck at fixing things, so I am not even try to speculate. May be you can get better help from the guys at R6 forum.

Make sure you use the proper fuel injection hose and clamps. There is a difference between fuel hose and fuel injection hose.

Proper clamp on left:
http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/fuel/FuelInjectedCJ01/clamp.jpg

oh i need those

That is the hose clamp that I put on it. I know it was a good clamping job… Im 100% sure of that.

I have no idea where its coming from, I started it, and it just dumped out of the bottom.

100% sure it was fuel? You just washed the bike, right? Maybe there was some water somewhere? dunno just throwin out idears.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_z1uW4VgStg4/ShHXAoS41wI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/JvLn4kouSII/s320/raaaage.gif

Im almost positive it was fuel b/c the bike wouldnt stay running (which tells me it was the feed line). I washed her before the ride, so if there was still that much water somewhere… then damn that water was stubborn… lol

Turn the key on so the fuel pump primes, see where fuel is coming from.

/Thread

Make sure you buy the hose rated for FI just as you bought the FI clamps.

Look over the bike, make sure what it dumped was fuel, check the fuel lines and everything else. There is absolutely no sense in speculating until you actually check the bike.

http://www.hweckhardt.com/clamps/new2/Stepless%20Ear%20Clamps.htm

That’s the best clamp for your application, they are available from McMaster Carr, listed as ‘gap free pinch clamps’.

Well I found the culprit…
Short Answer: it was the main fuel feed connection at the pump (plastic connection).

Long Answer:
So I got home and decided to just look in through the small slit in the side and from the space in front of the rear shock and saw the connector completely off. Well that made me a little concerned b/c I know how hard that connection was to get off when I had to take the tank off so there was no way it just vibrated off. So I checked the line, and it was 100% free to move and there was nothing even close to the line that could have knocked it off. Well then I though maybe I just didn’t connect it fully when I put the tank back on and it just took this long to break connection. Well I tried multiple times to only partially connect it and every time it would just piss fuel. It did not seal at all until the connector was 100% snapped/clipped in place; meaning there was no way that it wasn’t fully connected. Well that got me really concerned as to what the hell made the connector just fall off… I was afraid of possibly a crack or break somewhere so I took out the 2 allens and lifted the tank up to inspect. To my surprise I found multiple heavy gouging marks from what looking like a screwdriver all along the white “male” end and along the edge of the black “female” connector. Then I looked under where that tank would be and found some small shavings of plastic that would never have stayed put with the bike moving so they had to have come from since the bike was parked (which was only around 6pm last night). So maybe its just me being paranoid, but I have gone through every possible scenario that would have caused the connector to come undone by itself. I tugged and pulled, and tried everything to get that connector to come off and nothing (besides releasing the tab) would get that connector off. the only thing I can possibly think of was somebody fucking with my bike. But what makes no sense to me is why someone (who obviously knows bikes well) would take my fuel line off. It wasn’t an attempt to steal the bike as removing the fuel wouldn’t help anything, and it also never set my alarm off so the bike was never stood upright and the kickstand was never put up. I’m at a complete loss, and I really don’t know what to think. Either way I’ll be keeping an extra eye out and busting some skulls if I catch anyone messing with it. Is there possibly something I missed???