Project 10Sec $4K 4thGen

what about rods? are those floaters or press in shits like the lq4’s?

221 0812 , he has a stock 6.0 rods and pistons in stock from a 6.0 we tore down . Tell him john sent ya

Boom. There you go, Wood.

John your killing me! lol I had Wayne syndrome going and really wanted to get some forged treatz. I will give him a call in about an hour.

Thanks for the help guys.

if you have the motor already torn down, forge it. That way it will be said and done and when you want to throw some big boost at it, you can. Do it once and right the first time…and if it works out alright, you will be forging my motor as well!!

Huh, would you look at that. Someone else that wants to think big picture and do it once do it right. I like your style.

I called him and he said “they aren’t in very good shape either, scuffed up and he said he would put them in a motor, no way.” Thank you VERY much for the referral, sorry it didn’t work out though, John.

Its no big deal, like Drew said, its better to do it right once, than chance it popping later on, and have all my haters say “See woody cant keep a car together”… becasue you all know how that will go. Everyone will look past the facts and jump on the hatewaggon. We dont need that shit.

Like I said, with the bottom end as i stated I am still UNDER budget, and there isnt many more parts needed to get the car running I dont already have. Further more, its my project, if I choose to change it up and spend 20 grand, so be it. I dont have time to dick around and tire kick… I am here to get shit done.

See ya all come spring time. :ohnoes

you can forge a LSx motor if you have hookup’s to handle 1000rwhp all day for $1500 and cheaper. The machining and such of the block itself cost more then the forged parts.

I called the machine shop that did my jetta machine work for me and some other stuff for me and other friends I sent over there. He recognized me by my voice, which says a lot since I am not a regular. Anyway, clean, bore, hone, check deck and if need be deck the block $250. Hunts wanted $400 for the bore/hone and $180 to check/deck if need be.

$1900 into a forged and rebuilt motor that will hold more than my poor 4l80 will (to start), I will take that as a healthy insurance plan from cracking a piston and taking out the block with the stock pistons.

Speaking of motor, heads, valves, and crank are getting hot tanked soon. Valves, seats, and crank journals are getting polished and checked this week too. Guides if need be will be replaced, and new seals are going on too. Yellows if johnny still has them for sale will be tossed in too.

With all that, still being damn close to staying on budget, I think its one healthy build.

damn. $250 to do all that to the block is cheap. I need to keep that guy in mind!

Nobody is saying not to do it right the first time. At the beginning of this build you were all about how cheap and how much the stock motor is going to take. That’s what I was getting at before.

stock motor isn’t going to take shit if its broken before it even goes in the car!

Whats the machine shop/machinist? Thats ungodly cheap…almost too cheap as redic as that may sound

I think he is hooking me up. Boyds in Gloversville. He has been around a long time.

Like I said things change. The money it would take to find another LQ4 in who knows what shape, or a bottom end again who knows how good, I am half way there to brand new parts. I could care less if its a 100% stock motor or not.

Good luck with that fuckin hack

what ever you think. Dude punched 4 holes in my last motor and it ran like a champ. Place has been there since we were in diapers. I will roll the dice.

make a post on a.u.g and ask the o.g guys how there shit ran out of there …

Yo John I have a hole saw, let’s bore KK’s motor out

buy a piston off ebay for $5.00 and put this fucking thing together. the whole point was to see how fast you could go on stock lower end.

man pants, you need them.

THIS.