Project CADET

it’s out weigh not way.

looks interesting tho…

just so you guys know, Varun is a very close personal friend of mine, he was a guest at my wedding and i bought my own motor set from him years ago. If you do not want to deal with him i can recommend other personal friends who are equally reputable. But most do not deal in CA’s.

you should also know that i have $15k - $25k in S-chassis parts inventory at all times should you need something… all new stuff though, no oe parts other than what i post in personal for sale threads.

I’ve been in a 400whp CA… no power until 5000. it popped last year and is a complete mess in Welland at present.

if you want to be different i would recommend RB20 over the CA… or a domestic V8 like an LS1 would fucking rule… I really cant strees enough. I’ve dealt with more than 500 - 1000 different 240sx guys in the past half decade… i have never ever met a single person that was ecstatic about their CA. only really known dozen to even try it… there is one guy in Ontario with an imported Silvia that is running less than 230whp with full exhaust from the turbo back, a top mount T3 turbo, injectors, FMIC etc. you can be putting out more than 300 with the same investment on and SR or KA with better parts support and a much better resale value.

i would personally not buy a CA car even as a shell because taking the motor out and throwing it in the garbage costs money. Moreover, the resale value for a CA is less than the labour costs to remove the motor.

dont get me wrong, i would still refer you to the proper people but you wont be making respectable power with a somewhat linear powerband on a CA for a long time and after alot of money compared to any other motor… and getting basic parts and info on these motors is no picnic either… it’s hard enough with an SR sometimes.

join SON and post up an inquiry thread on experiences with a CA… the forum is the same size as NYspeed but with only 240sx owners… that should give you some handy real world feedback.

just let the man do what he wants if he wants to learn the hard way i guess??

Bing makes a good point with the powerband.

I’m pretty sure I want to get the motor from Varun. He said he could get me a CA too so. I will also be needing some parts soon. Normally I go through Swerve Motorsports, but I’ll have to get some parts from you! I am also a member of SON 240sx now, I just don’t post there. I am on larger forums like NICOclub and 240sxforums.

son240 is a great bunch of guys, and the added bonus is most of them are within 2 hours driving distance. I drove up once with my s14 front end, sold it, and bought my 180sx seat and 5speed swap while I was up there. It was 5 hours of driving. very nice.

I used to love zilvia and FA but all the worthwhile posters seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. never a fan personally of NICO or 240sx forums (unless im trying to sell something)

so you want 300HP?

so you want a nissan motor?

so you want to be different?

…i can think of a good swap for ya, and the motor makes that power in stock form :wink:

If I had a place to do the custom work, I’d totally do Z motor. One day I’d like to, but thats years off in the future.

and i thought i got it bad when i said i was gonna turbo my ka-e…
good luck man, hope you make good progress.

p.s. when i pop my ka-e this year, ill be going with an rb20. :wink:

Cant

Than hed be buying the car he was specifically building his car to beat

:rofl:

Think im joking?

Im not

with 200 hp? lol

good luck

:lol:

Well whenever he is ready im sure the new owner of my car will line em up at the track :rofl:

i see that bing has given a lot of good suggestions and some good info. im not going to tell you you shouldnt do the ca swap, but again like almost everybody else in this thread has stated i would advise against it. i know i havent been into the 240 game as long as bing but i have been in it for about 4 years and i have seen pretty much every motor swap you could think of from a simple ka or sr to a 351 ford motor out of a mustang, or the not so uncommon swap anymore the 2jz. i just think that there is so many other motors out there that could do you a lot more good and would better suit your needs. i would rather have the availability of parts or more displacement or a motor that is easier to get power out of, then to be able to have a motor that sitz 3/4 of an inch farther back in the engine bay and weighs 15lbs less (im not saying theese are actual numbers im just using them for a comparison). but all the power to you, good luck in your project, and keep the pics coming. ill tak you for a ride in my car when its back on the road and see if that changes your mind at all. :smiley:

By time you take me for a ride, I’ll have my car swapped lol. But I’ll still take up on that ride.

A small update:

I received my Greddy turbo outlet and Defi boost gauge. I got IC piping from Jay for an SR that I’ll cut up and hack to work for my needs. I also got a gauge pod which I need to hack up to work. I’ll have some updated details about that soon with pictures. I’m getting the boost controller tomorrow from Kevin.

I’ll pretty much be ordering the motor in a week or two. I’m very close to tear down time now and I’m getting pretty excited.

Yes I will update this thread frequently with pictures when I have them.

you dont even have the motor yet??? y u start a build thread with no motor :gotme:

:lol:

You don’t really read any of the post on this forum do you. You just like to post up your own thoughts as quick as possible. If you would have read you would have realized I do not have the motor but had the cash and was just looking for a reputable company, which I have done.

Go rain on someone elses parade. :gay:

:lol: @ you building a car to beat mine

ok comon guys, stop cluttering his DIY thread. if you really feel the need, make a thread in offtopic and rant in there lol