Project CADET

Is this your DD?

i alrdy told him my thoughts, if i could do it again i wouldnt go with a ca. ka-t or rb.

anyways, do what you want

since u say you have done your research id imagine u know who dee is, he is a very good person to deal with when it comes to getting your hands on a CA

While I don’t see the point of the CA swap, best of luck would like to see something done to that car.

stock t25 will not give you 270whp…its not even wise to run one over 12psi because its pointless to go above that

hooooly shit… all of that to make 200 whp?

And, along the same vein: “ACT 6 puck clutch with xtreme pressure plate” Isn’t that a bit of overkill for the power level, even @ 300whp?

Nice when this doesn’t work out $5000 buy my car…LS6 intake/tune runs 11s…reliability :tup:

seriously originalsin was the same way about the ca back in the day. he finished the swap and he def was not happy with it. i remember the ride he gave me in it. it was like he was trying to kill the car

never said it was wise n was just trying to make the point that u can just turn up the boost on an sr n u will have a decent amount of power. this guy is talking about putting a gt2871r on it just to get to 300 with the ca. just dont see how it would b cheaper in the long run. plus ca’s are about as old as me

k well that makes more sense lol sure you’d have a decent “peak” number on the t25, but the boost would taper off like crazy :slight_smile:

The business is VHC. SBanzer got his front clip from him and he seemed pretty happy with it. He recommended me to them.

I have been in originalsins’s CA swapped car. I was in my240nissan’s turbo KA. I’ve also ridden in a 250 hp SR at Wyotech.

I never honestly thought about getting one used from someone. Its an option I’ll have to look into. Thanks for idea. :tup:

I’ve been thinking about doing a CA swap long before the project name even came to mind. Hell, it didn’t even come to my mind.

You ass. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will drive this car a lot, but its not my only means of transportation. I have problem driving it to work and cruising around on a daily basis.

Many people have pushed the CA to 300 whp on stock internals with no issues. There are a couple of people on stock internals in the 350’s, if not 400 whp.

CA is initially cheaper, and there are less mods that need to be done to get it to run then an SR. Once you start talking HP, yes it can be a bit a cheaper to get power out of an SR.

A lot of what I bought is part of the theory do it once, not twice. I’m buying the parts that I’ll need in the future. Yeah the clutch might have been a bit extreme for the application, but its bought now so I might as well use it?

This seems to be the biggest question from everyone who posted. The CA is a stout little motor for what it is. The CA is the lightest of all the motors and happens to set the furthest back in the engine bay. This is great for weight distribution. I do plan to use this car for drifting, road racing and auto-x. CA also has the potential to hold a lot more power then an SR. Iron block FTW. CA’s are rev happy motors, which makes for a great power band. Now true you wouldn’t want to push a CA past 8k red line on its stock valve train, it can be built for more if I choose to later. I do realize that this little 1.8 will have some increased lag because of displacement, but hopefully the secondary butterflies will help a little bit with that.

One of the main reasons I’m doing a CA, is because I do want to be different. You say CA 240 and almost everyone thinks of originalsin’s car. No its not my only reason, but it is part of it.

All in all, if this project turns into an, “I told you so,” then so be it. But I’m quite confident it won’t happen like that.

if you have the time and money to make it work then go for it :tup:

but at the same time, listen to advice people are giving you, especially when it’s someone that knows their shit. if theres a ton of people that are saying “don’t do this…do this” then theres probably a good reason for that. use other peoples fuck ups to learn from.

Overcompensation :tdown: :stuck_out_tongue:

Bing he is talking about Varun. I bought my sr motorset from him.

How was your experience with him?

You should get that narrowed part of the downpipe or whatever that pipe is out of there!

I’m going to wait till I get the Greddy turbo outlet and compare it to that. I’m disappointed in the Apex’i down pipe coming with that reducer.

varuns a great guy I baught my 180sx seat and a few other things from him. he always has top quality stuff at good prices.

I really hope this works out for you but I just cant see how a motor that is 18-19 years old is going to hold up even a summer on higher boost, more aggressive tuning, ect. (especially since not even the importer knows the full history of the motor)

Once the motor is in my possession, I plan to check the main and rod bearings. Replace oil pump, water pump, timing belt, tensioner and pretty much every gasket on the motor. Check the general rings conditions and the conditions of the cylinder walls/pistons. I’m not just going to slap some turbo on and crank it up. I will do all the proper maintenance to make sure it runs top notch.

alright man well all the best then

i am confident dave will not hack this. he is pretty dedicated.

just dont rush it. thats why i dont have a donor car for the yota:beer: