Project CADET

dave you should move that vac line for your wastegate off the inlet of the turbo. i dont know y nissan does it like that its pretty gay.

what is wrong with it?

see hoe it goes right from the wastegate to the inlet, thats not really an acurate place to measure boost from, thats why its better to move it to one of ic pipes. where it is not is guna read the pressure before the turbo not the pressure going into his engine.

I don’t see a problem. There is just enough room for a boost controller to fit in there. I originally had my SHO referenced off the intake manifold and there was about a 1.5psi difference so now mine is referenced from my turbo with a boost controller. I did that to shorten the amount of vac hose to reduce the chance of failure later down the road. It went form 3 feet of vac line to about 6 inches. I have a pretty free flowing setup so maybe its different on different cars.

it might be i agree about the vac line length but he only needs to add a couple inches. guys with rb’s and sr’s move it.
but it will prolly be fine for now the ca doesn’t even have a bov

I will probably move it. CA doesn’t have a BOV stock but I got a nice Synapse in my room. :wink:

good deal. if u ever need a hand dood let me kno.

Where I am at right now.

-fuel lines hooked up along with the fuel pressure gauge
-vacuum lines are hooked up minus BOV
-lower harness installed except for the transmission because I need to swap out the ca sensors with the ka sensors. different plug ends
-all the coolant lines are hooked up

To do:
-finish fabbing up the throttle body for the SOHC cable
-install downpipe and test pipe(when it comes in)
-install power steering hard lines(when they come in)
-install driveshaft
-fab the IC piping and get it welded
-modify the new engine harness and install it
-fab an intake pipe
-install walbro fuel pump
-relocate the battery
-fab up the fan and wire it in

I think thats it for the list. A week left I’m quite sure.

nice dude…everything seems like its coming together nicely :tup:

i just took the Z out for a few rips up and down the 90…

so, you lose.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m probably faster not moving.:2fingers:

HAHAHA

QFT

So after a long time I try starting it yesturday. Nothing. It just turned over but wouldn’t fire. Came back today with some fresh 93 octane. It stumbled to life, but bearly. Hit about 500 RPM then quickly died off regardless of throttle position.

I think I have at least 2 if not 3 stuck injectors. I’m going to pull them tomorrow.

Get it running yet?

I found another set of injectors which will be here tomorrow(Friday). Once they get here, I’m going to throw them in and hope that solves my problems.

Congratulations on the Fine Choice of a motor!

I have been beating the crap out of my “little” motor for about 3 years at places like Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Calabogie, Mt Tremblant, Pocono and numerous autox’s etc.
A few teething issues --but the “little” motor impressed a few people.

A fellow CA enthusiast? We’re going to have to meet up sometime!

Well I am an old fart --but like you decided the CA was the best option for my build. ( track car)

I am sure you know about the CA forums on NICO --right?

I will be at Mt Tremblant and Calabogie in Aug, Mosport in Sept --and Autocrossing at Seneca Army depot in Aug
–Get the car running and come out an play!

Yeah I’m on NICO. Its the only decent CA forum.

Well it started up yesturday. I still got some issues to take care of, but it runs.