Project: Do Work

awesome build. What are your next plans? turbo?

As far as i know it’s still the hicas rack, yea. Unless one of the previous owners changed it.

And nope, theres very, very little rust. Thats the reason I bought it.

Ruskii, Ka-t eventually, yes. Dont have much more then a dollar to my name anymore though haha.

looks great :slight_smile:

Car looks great man. Definitely my favorite build on SON at the moment.

dude your car is hot

keep us updated!

thanks for the awesome read man.

That rear end is possibly the nicest looking and cleanest one i have seen in Canada. I’m super impressed with that. That’s one of those things that you will never ever see come from any shop unless you have an unlimited budget. It simply requires too many man hours and too much patience and care for attention. Only an OWNER could build that.

I love it and your hard work has definitely paid off. I wish it wasn’t going to be a KA-T though man. That car is begging for a nice powerplant like an SR/RB/V8/CA/VQ/anything but a KA. hahahah.

Nice wheels, hoping to be grabbing a set this weekend myself, in 17" though.

looks good man congrats, good job!

Sick shit Trev!

One question though. Why did you choose to put the fuse for the relocation on the battery box? Wouldn’t it be safer to have it located in the engine bay? I mean in reality one of it’s main purposes is to stop any sort of circuit say a short or overload were to occur. If there’s nothing in-between the alternator/starter and the battery it would just overload the wire burning through causing a possible fire, and with it located so far from the main’s it allows a lot of wire travel to “burn”.

Just a quick though, although I haven’t looked into detail as you may have one in the engine bay as well.

So fresh, so clean. I <3 it.

looks real good
nice build

Awesome build man, Sweet looking hatch.
How about a write up on disassembling and reassembling those wheels please?:slight_smile:

From what I have read, the “rule” is to the have the fuse 12-16" from the positive terminal on the battery. This way, if something did go wrong and short out, there’s only that small distance that the power has to flow before it gets cut off. As opposed to the full length of the wire all the way to the engine bay heating up and possibly causing a fire if the fuse was up front. I do have a hella cut off switch in the engine bay though, that couldd act as a fuse if things got really bad lol.

Haha, thanks ronnie, yes theres an insane amount of hours just in cleaning, preping and painting everything…

Honestly I would love, and have wanted to do a LSX swap for years, even RB would be nice. But my budget for the build didnt have enough room to fit in any kinda of motor swap and now that I have a low km KA that should be reliable, it feels like it’d be a waste to swap it out for something thats going to possibly need maintenance, clutch, seals ect. So, I’m going to go KA-T for now, and we’ll see how long that lasts :stuck_out_tongue:

If you happen to have a spare center cap for the wheels when you get em, let me know :slight_smile:

I can do a writeup, but unfortunatly I did take any pictures along the way of the process, stupid me. If you have any questions on how its done feel free to pm me.

Thanks again guys!

love the grease fittings

great work.love the paint scheme.extremly clean.

looks amazing i LOVE it!

awesome job! i can really appreciate full re and re jobs like this! anyone whos seen my garage knows what im talking about!

everything is so clean - the welds on the intake are killing it.

sick car man we`ll all have to cruise up to wasaga or something when our cars are complete

Haha, thats funny, 5 years ago I also wanted to buy it…then i came across it a second time…

Anyways, Trevor car is looking great man!

Tremels… If you want someone to fix that “interesting” intake. Swing by!
(You need a cage!!! j/k) I just ordered some baller ass software! :stuck_out_tongue:
Car looks dope… I think is probably one of the best builds on the site. A REAL DIY!!!

^ Oh and is that software ever baller!! Jebus man I had no Idea you took that car down to that level! Excellent job buddy, I wish I had found this thread before I saw the car in person… I feel dumb now for asking you if you needed a hand with the slave! lol. You need to give me or Adam a call when your free one evening,…we will hit up some coffee shops until our kidneys pucker. We call it,…Timmiesmeal.