Project: Duramax Conversion

I lol’d.

Welcome anytime good buddy.

Sorry, I dont have alot of talk time as you can see!

Hey man, in the end all this shits gonna pay off for you in some way or another

Could you swap spindles from side to side and get a drop. It might not make any difference. If the axle on the spindle is offset below mid line of the two ball joints, and if it is even a possibility to swap them and maintain the steering and alignment, then you could possibly get a drop from stock spindles.

They would have to move the center axis for the drag link to do that since switching the spindles side to side would move the tierod locations. I’m guessing they are going to have a hard time finding a spindle that will work due to how damn heavy a dirtymax is.

If you swapped it side to side, and of course flipped it, like he said tie rod ends for the retarded 20 joint steering setup would be out of wack, and encounter bump steer. So either drop the drag links, maybe ream the tierod holes and flip the ball joints, a combination fo both… dont know yet.

I looked at the 1999 2500 2wd I got for a 6.0l/4l80e parts truck. The spindle is a bolt on hub design like the van. I didnt pull a tire yet on the van to compare them side by side yet.

Suspension isnt easy to mix and match. There are 4 main variables that must add up to the first bump you hit might send the truck off the road!

front is TBD at this time.

REAR is getting there. the C notch is complete for the most part, the frame is cut out now. The bridge pieces welded in 4 links will be installed this weekend and we can cycle the suspension out back to see what we have, then measure for bags.

I should be down at some point this weekend, I’ll make sure I kick the freshly shaved doors with my steel toes.

/\ dont get bondo on your boots! LOL

:lol

i need to stop in with the truck one of these weekends. so busy trying to do shit before winter breaks!

Shaved, ready for paint:

Wheel at ride height ( air’d down to frame is about another 6 inches down):

Notch:

Rear out and getting ready for it’s new brackets:

did you guys really just cut those leafs out with the plasma???

More slam.

in for updates. Chris I still remember when you would drive home from school every no and again. I hope this makes life in the chair a little better. its is def. going to be more fitting for your style.

Thanks to GM’s never ending wisdom, who ever constructed this truck in 2007 failed to never seize the bolt through the steel collar in the bushings. They welded themselves in solid. Also thanks to what ever grade hardware they used, 2 Torch saws-all blades later trying to cut through I said MOVE and let the Hypertherm have a go at it! :rofl

Which by the way is a beast. 50 amps (not even maxed) it cut like butter through 2 springs at the bushing points! over 1/2" thick!!! :ahh

jesus christ. LOL. fucking frozen bolts in bushings BLOWS.

is the driveshaft next to the ranger for the ranger or just happen to be next to it?

nahh thats the one out of the Van I think.

oh :frowning:

Only 1 demon x in the world… Cantilevered ass end, w/ 4 link… Bags will have damn close to 20in of travel…

How are you going to get over that in your wheelchair?