Project: Duramax Conversion

We’re taking my duramax van and making it handicap accessible. And it gives us a reason to make it super bad ass… I’ll update this thread as it goes. The van will have a c-notched frame, 8 way fast bag system, custom floor drop, shaved handles, the list goes on and on… We converted the 2 side barn doors to 1 single door that will open suicide… I’ll just post pics now:

KK skillz/thread

does this mean no more 50 mph blasts up a bread truck ramp to get into it and no more ratchet straps? It was kinda sketchy but funny watching you get into it and then get strapped into it. I dont mean that in a mean way at all, Im not making fun of your disability at all so please dont think that, it was just amusing.

Sick fucks lol , really I love it

Hopes are to have the van as accessible as possible for Chris, Less is more in the way of actuated ramps, with all things going right being able to air down and roll into and out with minimal moving components minus the air we hope to have the van a lot more user friendly. Front suspension needs some attention to gain the drop we would like to see, and unfortunately parts for these vans is minimal at best.

Haha bad ass my friend

I know with 3/4 and 1 ton pickup lowriders they often swap out the front suspension for 1/2 shit, maybe thats a possibility?

Read: Lighter and quicker. :lol

Pretty badass.

looking forward to progress pics.

That’s a big ass door :lmao

I hope more power is in the plans too!

doin work. def gonna be BA when its done.

The issue with the front is nobody makes a drop spindle for a 2wd 2007 3500HD, truck or van (almost the same thing anyways)!

They make a spindle for:
2007 - 2011 Cadillac Escalade 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 Cadillac Escalade EXT 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 Chevy Avalanche 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 Chevy Suburban 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 Chevy Tahoe 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 GMC Yukon 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 GMC Yukon Denali 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 GMC Yukon Denali XL 2/4WD
2007 - 2011 GMC Yukon XL 2/4WD

So more or less any 1500 series chassis. Unless someone can correct me, the Yukon, Escalade, Suburban are NOT 3500 front ends, that I know of. All data shows the part numbers are even different van VS truck, so without the parts on the bench its hard to say what will interchange.

Calls to Beltech and others are in order to see what we can come up with. Or, its a trip to a junk yard for some spare 3500 spindles to see what we can come up with on our own… but man does that front end weigh ALOT, so I dont know about making custom spindles.

The van is on a older chassis , with a modern d/t … Unf I think your screwed unless ya cut springs
Etc seeing as its still a old schoolers setup

We are bagging the front too. But the extra 2" from a drop spindle would be helpfull. Becasue even with the deflated bags up front its not going as low as we want/need it to.

So you think the 07 van still uses the 01-06 suspension? If thats true, maybe there is more out there for the spindle selection.

I think he’s right on that too, Mike. The vans have always been behind, even in drivetrain parts. Do you still have the red truck sitting around to compare with?

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS!

Thats a 99 out back. We could unbolt the entire front suspension and wheel it in to see what bolts up.

Your good ideas are making it harder for that pig to get loaded up and trailered away to the scrap yard! lol

I beg to differ… CRC Skillz/Thread… I have just as much welding and cutting into the van as KrazyKid… So does DragnDoor and our other partner… CRC OWNZ!.

/\ and you are going to get a crash course in body work too! Notice the pass side door Kevin started and I finished up last night… run your hand across that handle shave job!!! :slight_smile: Like it was never there!

I’m going to come over, set up a lawn chair, a 12 pack and supervise…

I don’t think I said congratulations to you guys? Well congrats, and i’ll have to come check it out sometime. Woody, we never talk anymore :frowning: I swear I’ve been a hermit for months. Amazing what killing FB does to your “social life” :rofl