Project Gotham Racing 4

The commercials looked good, especially when I caught one on an HD channel. Anyone play it yet?

did it come out yet?

I cant wait. It looks like it will have all types of vehicles and also that carbon fiber electric car too from what I heard.

got it, played it

Very good, like all the pgr’s

GNX and syclone in the game too

Came out yesterday

Downloaded it last night and just started burning it. Going to check out on lunch.

Ok, played it for about 15 minutes on lunch.

Initial impression:
Graphics are amazing. Considerably better than Forza.
Physics model, pretty odd. I found myself doing long fishtails trying to recover from a slight skid. It felt like there was a delay in the steering causing me to overcorrect. Cars seem to turn much sharper under braking than while coasting. I realize there is some weight transfer but this was just rediculous.

I won’t pass judgement on it until I have some time to drive more than one car etc. Hopefully the physics issues were mostly because I only played for a very short time.

I bought that racing wheel and barely use it, mabey I’ll have to pick this up…Although I’m more interested in the new grand tourismo, sony will probably delay that until 2010.

This is an arcade driving game, not a realistic sim like forza. cant compare the 2, and the graphics arent better than forza imo. They may be close but they are not considerably better.