Project Progress - Boosted 3G's 2000 eclipse

Good/Great tunes are made possible by the engine management. I don’t know what is out there for the 3G eclipse but I am willing to bet anything affordable is not going to give you precise control to ensure those precious NA internals are staying intact. Too lean, kaboom… To rich and you are not making much more power than stock… Just my 2 cents…

why not just model the car after 2fast2furious? :smash2:

all kidding aside i have the same concerns as some of the previous posters, yet hope it works out in the end :tup: for trying

vq30 holds up to boost as well

That FMIC is huge, damm wont the pressure drop/lag be fairly high with that? Just a thought.
My car has 10:1 comp ratio and its turbo from the factory, very small turbo though. Good tune and don’t get too greedy and I think it will be fine.

lookin good so far :tup: keep up the good work

yea…its been a pain in the ass, but it should be all done tomarrow with a mild base tune from an safc(well the best we can do) and then tom is going to give innovative a call, but it seems to be going ok minus a few setbacks we have had, but ive done all the research on this motor and it seems to hold up with 9psi with a good tune, and thats all tom wants for now. but intense98rt will have to bring his camera over to get some better pics

by the way nick…im not 97neon anymore

yea, 9psi is PLENTY doable on this engine , stock blocks take up to 13psi easily…

donny from aai was at one point putting 17psi into a stock shortblock

well it’s all in the tuning guys, don’t blow up tom’s engine or he’ll blow you up lol

^^doubt hed blow me up…maybe blow me when his car is done and he loves it :gay: :lol: … i dont think its going to blow up though

“should” be fine on 9psi with the 14b

good luck guys :tup:

yea, we are going to need it

I am running 12 PSI with no problem on my 3g. 25,000 miles no problems. With stock block.

If you need any help or have any questions just drop me a note. I am in Webster.

contact info is on the 3g thread … my names nick

even if the motor blows up, there certainly is a pretty big aftermarket for 4g63/4g64 internals and headwork. he already has the 4g64 block… he could easily get bottom end stuff for it, use a dohc 4g63 head, and have a pretty nice setup.

imho 12psi is way too much to run if you want that motor to hold together. believe me, i know from experience. if it were my setup, i would run 7-8psi MAX with stock internals.

good luck, and :tup: to improving your setup.

how can you swap the 4g63 head on the 4g64??

16g will be on by end of summer - we’ve got the egt and everything and mike
ick are doin very good - i was away for 2 days on family business and they still kept on goin w\ the car :tup: guys

the GTS has a 10:1 retaio
The GS (my car) i believe is 9:1, and 9 psi will be just fine. Stock daily drivers are running 13-15 right now. Have been for over a year on some guys’ cars. www.neweclipse.org will provide much more info. - The rods are 2g rods and the pistons hold steady at 15. the reason im going w\ 9 is safetly, if i spike or creep up to 12…13… ill be okay. Im going to have innovative tune it so i know it’ll be a good tune.

I dont expect anythign crazy from her this summer, but its a start :smiley:

yeah that front mount is an over kill, it is going to sufficate the turbo to push air throught that thing. I would go to a smaller FMIC.

Me too.

well i know its not goint to be a restriction … its to big to be one, and i admitt its gonna add to lag some because the turbo has to fill it, but what else am i missing ? what makes it so bad ?