Project progress pics and teaser (everyone loves pics)

where did you get that DIN gauge holder? And are those 30mm z brakes? how do you like them?

if those are marks old seats I suggest making sure you clean the passenger seat… twice. Mark let my girlfriend and I borrow his car one night.

Thanks, but already did that earlier this year :slight_smile:

Got the holder online from a VW site.
The brakes are 26mm Z brakes and I love them. The pedal is nice and firm. I have tested a bit and found that brake fade isn’t really an issue. Definately better then stock but calipers. Braking is fantastic but that’s thanks to the tires and pads.

would you mind shooting me a link please for the holder please? fits right in, no modifications?

It definately does not fit right in. I had to make a cage for it to hold on to because it is just a face plate.
Here it is on TMTuning.com:

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=1181

Nice! thanks alot.

haha nice seats btw. :slight_smile:

Btw, you should not have any brake fade even on stock brakes with decent pads and rotors. Anyways, what kind of pads and rotors are your running?

Stock pads were crap and thats why it had some fade. These rotors now are brembo cross-drilled all around, fronts are 300ZX 26mm rotors and rears are S14 5 lug rotors (exactly the same as S13 ABS rears but they are 5lug). The pads are PBR high performance blah blah pads in the rear and some “performance” ceramic pads up front. I will go with some nice hawk pads next year but these will do for now.

Now i need 5 lug 15" rims that will clear the 300zx 26mm calipers for my winter tires :frowning:

Yea I saw your car; I’m that white 240 with gold rims that usually drives like an ass around that corner your house is on. Car looks good wish I had it. I was always wondering why your red 240 was covered up, but now it all makes sence.

Cool, i wondered if you were on here everytime I saw you… hehe

Next time you drive by and I’m out there stop by and say “Hi”