What do you think of my brothers S13?

Here is his 240sx. Who likes it? He performed all the mods himself, the bodykit and paint but the exhaust was done by magnaflow. His engine has 190km, I think. What do you guys think about how it looks? Do you like it? Dislike it? If you don’t please don’t flame me because I can’t type or spell and a moderator has to waste his valuble time correcting all of this… (Sorry got a little overzealous) If you don’t like it don’t kill me with harsh comments please.

Please try to use proper spelling and sentence structure when posting on SON. - El

Meh, have to paste the link with www.

I don’t like the front much. That’s just me. :slight_smile: The sides look fine…did he drive down to Magnaflow in the States to do it? Or does he just have a Magnaflow exhaust?

Specs on body kit? Or is that the stock skirts and stuff?

Wing? :ugh: <-- You’re gonna get a lot of those from ppl on this board.

Specs on car? What’s underneath all that snow?

Just noticed the hood too.

Sorry, the only thing that looks good IMO is the paint and the side skirts.

Two thumbs down on front end. :frowning: The bumper is HIDEOUS.

Well the hood is ram air and the sideskirts were custom made. The front is Veilside, I think. The car is a 91 LE Hatch. He was selling but stupidly he gave it to his g/f :shock: but if anyone wants the rims I’ll ask him about them. They are my moms lol $700 and if you guys want him to make a kit or somthing like that he can to!

Cleaned up by a very bored El Hamtaro

well your pictures suck, that is for sure.

i cant really tell if the quality of work is good, it might be but that car defiantely wont get driven very hard.

molding a body kit into the car is very very 1997.

no one does that stuff anymore because it doesnt really look good and it will get hit. meaning that when the skirt clips something and tried to seperate it is going to take a big hunk of fibreglass with it and make for a very expensive body repair.

if it were not molded you could just repair the skirt and put it back on.

the wheels are pretty old-skool, 1997, rice-boy as well.

there is nothing particularly wrong with the car technically, but it is definately out of place on a s13 240sx and definately ill-conceived by someone who did not have “GO” in mind. in fact they couldnt have much of anything in mind except “SIT”. because that is pretty much all the car can do. sit and accept criticism.

:bowdown:

I thought this car was yours. Weren’t you trying to sell it?

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Different specs then. ???

It’s not ram air dude. I give credit for effort, but that 's it.

The only good things about that car are that it’s an S13 hatch, and that it’s black. I’m sorry to come off harsh like this, but I have the pictures saved of when it was for sale as an example of the worst thing I’ve ever seen anyone do to an S13. (this includes wrecked their cars)

He says this one is his brother’s car…maybe THERE’S TWO OF THEM!!! Lord help us.

I dont like u guys ,this isnt my car u ass and i dont like the front bumper i told him when he put it on it was selling before but not anymore and if i owned a 240 again i would not kit it my last 1 was sold for $600 and ppl all hav different tastes I dont wanna be like fuckin honda and have evry1 with a 240 having the same damn lip.

different is good.

different for the sake of difference alone = bad

well we arent really critisizing you, just how the car turned out.

i am sure you are a wonderful person nelly, dont take it personally.

is it gettin hot in hurrrrr.???

lmao my nickname is nelly my real name is Nelson, and i see ur point about difference he designed his car just 2 look nice not for speed even tho that thing did some nice donuts and burnouts, but if u guys dont like it now wait till his g/f is done with it, I begin my crying now for the PINK hell it will go thru she will have the whole car redone in pink and that my friends is rice on its way.

Ehhh… If he tried to make his car to look nice… he went about it the wrong way. The main reason why I hate the hood, is that it looks like the Crappalier/Shitfire hood that is so common, and the front skirts are a shape that doesn’t work with the rest of the car. It’s not about copying what everyone else is doing, but it IS about abiding by some basic rules of artistic design and sticking to shapes that work together.
There are quite a few all-show-no-go 240SXs on this board, but a decent number of them actually look very hot.

I think it looks ugly and I hate it.

Two thumbs down from me. I think the car can still be salvaged but it would need a complete make over to make it decent. That doesn’t even look like it could hardpark decently.

:werd: This man speaks the truth.

I respect that he did all the work himself. just doing that deserves something. the body parts, aren’t the greatest choice I’ll agree with the others on that. But I myself am guilty of awkward looking body parts. I had a complete buddy club kit on my mazda mx-6… it was a bad idea that’s currently hanging from the rafters in my garage. not me, the kit bits.

anyhoo… it doesn’t look all that bad, it’s not about what we think of it, or anyone else for that matter. All that does matter is that (whoever owns it now) likes it.