Project TDi-GLi shave/repaint *COMPLETED

Before the pictures or info come out I have to thank all the guys at Capital Region Customs for their skills, patience, and dedication that shows in every piece of this car since it entered the shop.

For all of those that wonder why they cant drop their moms old jetta off at a custom shop and have it ‘cool’ with show quality paint for under $1000, the work shown in this finished product would be why.

Though its been a while, this car started out as a base model 1999.5 Jetta GL TDi with cloth seats, crank windows and quality steel wheels.

After the car fell victim recently to some light front end damage after a hit and run i decided that it was time for a entire makeover to fix the main body damage and some other flaws the paint and body has acquired over the years. After a receiving lots of boxed parts via overnightpartsfromEurope, some prep work for all the shaved components ahead of time, multiple hours of welding on the hood by Mike and Kevin, along with a gallon of jetta GLi black magic pearl and Eric behind the paint gun, this is the end result that I am more than thrilled to call my own.

amateur pics

It’s like a whole new car, came out great!

lookin good bowman

PS. I need you to machine some coilover collars for me!

-Lance

That looks great. Good job

:skid

lol

Dude. Thing is sickk. Still have the 20th Recaros in it?:slight_smile: I would love to make mine a “GLI”

yes sir!

And thats the perfect example of “you get what you pay for” paint work. We need a webcam streaming inside the shop, so you guys understand the hours that go into something as seemingly simple as that transformation. At one point we pulled an overnighter and worked 19 hours straight together on the car to get it knocked out.

All the little things add up; shaved fender lights, rub strip lights, trunk lid, roof antenna, probably 25 hours alone on the custom one off boser hood, pulling all the trim, mirrors, door handles, gas door, windows, window molding, gaskets, rub strips, then about 30 man hours in wetsanding and buffing the entire car, re-assembly. You quickly see the 100+ hours that go into a job like this.

When you want to pay for the job to be done right, this is what you get.

Fucking hood came out great man!!!

Insane.

looks great

sweet , looks good , i like what you did with the hood and grill , very nice .

I saw this in the making, from its worst to where it is now. Insane amounts of work, but worth it. That hood is ridiculous. When Kevin was welding it, I wanted to hit it with a hammer… lol now I think it looks amazing.

Looks awesome ryan. I am mad jellies. The boys at CRC did a great job!

I also saw this “in the making”. Lots of work but, the results speak for themselves…Great Job Guys!

looking good bowman! you always have your shit together when it comes to automobiles LOL

and not so much with drinking. :rofl :rofl :rofl

that was Gats fault anyway. :crackup

THIS!

Luv ya anyway bro!!