Proof of Insurance question

Im going to buy a new car finally. I got approved for my loan last night right as the bank was closing and as soon as i was done i called my insurance company. They were closed and are not opened until monday. I am under my mothers policy on my old car and i just recently got a quote from a women there for my new car i was going to be purchasing in my name . The quote is there as well as my current insurance through my mother. I need proof of insurance to take the car home today and if even i have proof i dont want to take the car home and maybe get into an accident and then not be covered. I talked my to car dealer guy and told him my dilemma and he said since the quote is there if i call the office and and leave a message on there answering machine saying im picking it up today and want to start coverage its a legally binding contract and so i will be covered. Is this true?

A quote is not an acceptance. I would not risk it. Just wait until Monday, and then go get the car. Once you have a policy, you can buy any car and it will automatically have coverage, and you have 7 days to notify your insurance company. But since you do not currently have your own policy, they COULD refuse a claim, based on the fact that your policy request had not been accepted by them.
Up to you, but for a few days difference, i would not risk it.

If a quote is proof of insurance I currently got insurance at about 12 agents. I would risk it. It maybe true, but why take a chance for a day???

Im not saying the quote was the proof. Im saying by me calling and leaving a message on there answering machine stating i want the insurance to start that is would be sufficient according to the car dealer. I didnt think that was right thats why i asked on here. ive decided to wait until monday based on what you guys said. Thanks.

What are you getting?

A boat of a chrysler also known as a 300c srt8

THat souns like what I would do. And don’t forget you are talking about a car salesman, they would never tell you something that want true.:eek2:

When i bought the SRT years back the dealer refused to release the car with out my insurance company faxin over proof i had insurance. They probably should have told you this already, but every dealer is different

a quote is not a binding contract. its just that, a quote. you didnt sign anything. also to do the title work you must have a active insurance account that is under your name to get the title in your name.

not doing the title work yet. There sending it to my credit union and then after they get it i have to go sign it over

mike alls ya gotta do if you are going to go with that insurance company is get the VIN# call them up and put insurance on it, then call the insurance company and have them fax your card to the dealership. It only takes about 5 minutes to put insurance on the car (you can pay with your card over the phone) good luck and send me a pic when you get it!

ya monday it will be easy. I was just trying for saturday and erie insurance was closed. 2 more days isnt going to kill me i guess. I waited 3 years haha.

i had the same problem when i bought my car, waiting sucks! haha