Public Education System

We can cut spending from elsewhere…but more importantly we can revamp tons of our federal departments to make them more efficient. I wouldn’t mind deficit spending in the SHORT term to reorganize as long as there’s solid evidence that we’ll get a surplus to pay for it within 10 years. If we can’t do that a temporary raise in taxes (or cut to major programs like the defense budget) to pay for the re-organization is necessary. Shit let’s really crack down on pork spending. Because with a more educated voting public, candidates serious about improving america wont need stupid pork local projects to get elected.

First, I don’t want to spend the money we’re spending in Iraq on education, I was just showing what that ammount of money can buy. Why don’t I want to spend this money? Because we don’t have it to spend.

Secondly, I like Bidens ideas on Iraq. At the same time we can use your arguments in this thread in Iraq…let’s FORCE them to be responsible.

Yes, absolutely…but at the end of the day, I think schools might still be underfunded. The model for public schools should be the BEST private schools in the country.

As for unions, like I said before teachers shouldn’t need a union…we should pay them so much and give them so many benefits they should never have to worry.

Education is everything. We don’t need little changes. We need gigantic monumental changes. Schools should be palaces. The competition for the best teachers should be fierce. They should be making six-figure salaries.