Puff of blue smoke every shift??

Car has a SR20DET and every time u shift and start accererating a puff of blue smoke comes out

Im thinking its the seals on the turbo

And other suggestions on wat it may be?

Car still runs and pulls fine…

does it do it when it starts also? could be valve seals

ya could be turbo, seats, guides. oil rings plugged maybe.

Do a compression test , it will tell you the story…Rings are shot.

there is also some liguid that come out of the BOV

could be a oil, coolent and dirt all mixed together its hard to tell

it never ever makes blue smoke other than after a slow shift then as soon as ur on the gas it makes a big puff of smoke. Only at higher rmp;s to it seems

im probaly gunna pull it appart tonight and maybe change out the turbo…

sounds like rings

thats what happens when you disconnect the wastegate. probably detonated the shite out of it.

Ouch!!!

not trying to be mean, but there are some things you just don’t do if you want your engine to last.

After doing a compression test i think i have a problem with the rings

what would be the best way to got about fixing it?

pulling out motor get new rings and machine cylinder walls?

lol He pulled a Kent :lol:

well if you have a bit of extra cash on you for pistons… might as well go to an SR21!

also might want to get a leak down test (not a boost leak test) done to make sure the rings is where you’re losing compression

i was told if i add a little bit of oil in the cyliners with low compresion then do a compresson test for that cylinder and if the compression goes up its bottom end related

and thats exactly wat happened but i dunt know how accurate this is with diagnosing the problem

If you do a wet compression test which is when you put oil in the cylinder and the compression goes up compared to the dry test it means your rings are leaking. Doing that just rules out that it’s not a valve problem.

Thats wat i did compression goes to normal so i am assuming its bottom end

i already pulled the motor out and i am either buying another one from speedtech or getting mine re-ringed

probably cheaper to fix yours, condering you can do the disassembly / assembly yourself.

your just gonna replace the rings and put it back together?..rebuild it meng!

Since im selling the car i decided to buy another swap so i can have to car back together in a matter of days.

I just bought a SR20 swap from Speedtech for $2100

Its sucks considering i just bought one about 3 months ago for $1700

I plan on rebuilding my old one or selling it as is

PM me with how much you want for your old engine.

new motor is in and the car runs good again lol

only a $2200 fix lol