Q about cell-reception boosters

I’ve got zero bars in my office, basically reception dead space. I’ve been looking around for a relatively inexpensive solution.

There are cell reception boosters for ~$30, but I’m wondering if they actually work.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Can you recommend a product?

The phone is a blackberry 8100

thx :slight_smile:

strangley enough when i ordered some wire crimpers on ebay for 6$ the guy sent me one for free with the tool, i put it in my cell phone and had all bars all the time, didnt look at the brand and done have the phone anymore

what? I thought these were are scam for sure like the anti-cancer stickers. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a sticker that claims to raise you credit score when applied to your credit card next.

but I also haven’t research it.

I’m not talking about the ones you put in the cellphone.

I believe there are ones designed for cars which can also be used in buildings.

http://www.andybrain.com/extras/cellphone-antenna-booster-sticker-review-and-test.htm

I mean, come on, use your head. If a little sticker that cost < .05 to make could really make a difference it would be on the phone from the factory. Signal range is a huge consideration for cell phone engineering.

The same people that buy these buy the Tornado fuel saver.

A legitimate solution would be to get one of those external antennas that you see on cars and install it on the window at your office. Don’t have a window? Get a new job and hopefully you’ll get a window and better cell reception. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it wasn’t directed at you. I should have quoted the “engineer”.

:lol: first of all im a student, i didnt say that im an engineer in any way shape or form, and second im jsut telling you what happend

I used to laugh all the time at these stupid ‘stickers’ but where I work I have about a 2" dia circle of where my phone can get a signal. Outside of that circle it gets a nice X. If I rest the bottom of it on the top of my toolbox it gets 2 bars. I’m actually willing to spend a couple bucks on this stupid thing to see if I can raise my ‘radius’ to about 1 foot which seems about what this thing is worth. I’ve blown $2 on much more stupid things, like the amount I’m going to pay for a drink at the bar tonight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
/thread