Q: Are Honda's reliable?

[quote=“badnewsmini,post:18,topic:36041"”]

If he avarged 55 MPH he spent 16909 hours in his car or 704 days. or almost 2 years in that car.

[/quote]

Thanks for the math ;), was too lazy at the time to compute it.

[quote=“Dex,post:17,topic:36041"”]

right, a mk 4 VW has such a nicer interior than an old hatch. thus, volkswagens > hondas.

right, that’s why the call it the 1.8Thehandofgod.

[/quote]

wurd =)

[quote=“badnewsmini,post:20,topic:36041"”]

oh and I would sooo much rather have my Jetta GLS TDI for that. mines at 240,000 and I would probibly get better MPG then him.

[/quote]

the honda will still be more reliable, and way lower cost of ownership; I have owned both trust me

yes i am confused are people actually saying that it would be cheaper to have a VW to 930K than a honda?

if so, that is really fucking dumb.

[quote=“VANDIT,post:22,topic:36041"”]

wurd =)

[/quote]

:picard:

Think of the money you could save by buying undersized tires and stretching them to fit though…

[quote=“brent_strong,post:26,topic:36041"”]

Think of the money you could save by buying undersized tires and stretching them to fit though…

[/quote]

it’s negated by buying wider tires for the rear moran. :mamoru:

I’d buy this and smoke the tires and clutch as I left his driveway. Slap Layzie’s turbo kit on it, and laugh as it blew to pieces.

[quote=“badnewsmini,post:20,topic:36041"”]

oh and I would sooo much rather have my Jetta GLS TDI for that. mines at 240,000 and I would probibly get better MPG then him.

[/quote]

I have a hard time agreeing with you on this one.

My 95 civic coupe has around 200,000 on it and it only used up 7.3 gallons driving from Buffalo to Columbus earlier this week. That’s a 330mile journey.

45 mpg

I have the receipts to prove it too ( well before they get turned into accounting so i can expense the gas. )

See that is why I only buy Hondas. I might have to go get this one.

[quote=“MPD47,post:28,topic:36041"”]

I’d buy this and smoke the tires and clutch as I left his driveway. Slap Layzie’s turbo kit on it, and laugh as it blew to pieces.

[/quote]

And waste your money for nothing.:bloated:

[quote=“MPD47,post:28,topic:36041"”]

[/quote]

:lol: i thought the same thing, but i thought the honda crew would start crying.

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:31,topic:36041"”]

[/quote]

are you kidding? you’d be an internet legend.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:29,topic:36041"”]

I have a hard time agreeing with you on this one.

My 95 civic coupe has around 200,000 on it and it only used up 7.3 gallons driving from Buffalo to Columbus earlier this week. That’s a 330mile journey.

45 mpg

I have the receipts to prove it too ( well before they get turned into accounting so i can expense the gas. )

[/quote]

No, there is now way a civic coupe will get better MPGS as a TDI sorry try again. I have seen mid 50s MPG when I had my TDI, I am very accurate with filling my tank. 800+ miles on one tank.

A civic VX on the other hand will be a good competitor for the TDI

id drive it the same way he did until I hit 1,000,000. record the miles turning over to 1 mil. send the video to honda and maybe they would give me a S2000…if they didnt. i boost it on 30PSI and blow it up. record that and send it to Honda.

“SEE WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU DONT COMPLY!”

lol my rents used to have a friend with an old dodge van (70’s era) and had something like 600,000 miles on it :eek:

As long as it’s maintained right, most anything can go forever

a few GM work trucks at vocational (back in HS) had damn close to that aswell

i dont think i could sell something that i spent so much time in and is in such good shape. i mean hes only looking to get just over 2 grand.

a well maintained honda will last forever and pretty cheap to do so. timing belt and water pump every 100k is less then $100 in parts.

wow

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:31,topic:36041"”]

[/quote]

Look at the cars I own, I already do that.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:33,topic:36041"”]

No, there is now way a civic coupe will get better MPGS as a TDI sorry try again. I have seen mid 50s MPG when I had my TDI, I am very accurate with filling my tank. 800+ miles on one tank.

A civic VX on the other hand will be a good competitor for the TDI

[/quote]

You got me man. It’s incredibly obvious that my civic’s 45mpg is total shit to your TDI’s alleged 55mpg. Apparently you aren’t wise with your money if you aren’t rocking a TDI and getting 50+ mpg.

If anyone wants to buy it…I go visit the gf often and she lives in the ATL…and I will drive it back…950 more miles wont hurt it :slight_smile: