Q: Are Honda's reliable?

[quote=“sureshot!,post:39,topic:36041"”]

You got me man. It’s incredibly obvious that my civic’s 45mpg is total shit to your TDI’s alleged 55mpg. Apparently you aren’t wise with your money if you aren’t rocking a TDI and getting 50+ mpg.

[/quote]

lol you guys are totally arguing over who has the girlier car. congrats you are both gigantic MO’s.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:33,topic:36041"”]

No, there is now way a civic coupe will get better MPGS as a TDI sorry try again. I have seen mid 50s MPG when I had my TDI, I am very accurate with filling my tank. 800+ miles on one tank.

A civic VX on the other hand will be a good competitor for the TDI

[/quote]

the VX stock averages 40-55mpg, and guys have pulled 70+mpg out of them. not sure what was done to them tho.

You got me man. It’s incredibly obvious that my civic’s 45mpg is total shit to your TDI’s alleged 55mpg. Apparently you aren’t wise with your money if you aren’t rocking a TDI and getting 50+ mpg.

[/quote]

it didn’t say it was shit you I just wanted you to agree with badnewsmini when you said :

I have a hard time agreeing with you on this one.

[/quote]

My TDIs 55mpg is proven I have reciepts to prove it just like your alleged 45mpg; I have seen 800+ miles out of my thank a few times, I doesn’t happen all the time, but on long trips where I was not speeding.

Wow I just wasted that much time arguing about MPG :bloated:

[quote=“layzie,post:42,topic:36041"”]

the VX stock averages 40-55mpg, and guys have pulled 70+mpg out of them. not sure what was done to them tho.

[/quote]

Sureshot! has a coupe not a VX

coupes probably wont see much more then 35mpg. The VX had a motor designed for gas mileage. They were faster then DX`s too, oh and had vtec-E, DAN!

vx only had 92hp where the dx had 103hp and higher redline

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:46,topic:36041"”]

[/quote]

correct BUT,

the VX was 2,094lbs compared to the DX 2,178lbs. Having almost a 100 less pounds and being only 10 hp and 1 lb trq less then the dx, 10 hp more wouldn’t make up for the extra 100lbs the dx had on the vx.

track times

VX - 16.5
DX - 16.8

AAAAH SHIT WHATS UP NOW!! lol

someone would buy this and try to hit 1 million miles and it would die at 999,999mi

:shrug:

Assuming a 10MPG difference, and a $.20 price premium for unleaded over disel that is a $20,000 cost in gas alone.

While you may make fun of VWs for being maintenance whores, using my 150,000 A4 as an example, assume the major expenses added up to $5000, versus maybe $1500 over the same period for the VW. That is a $21000 maintenance difference.

Net and net, you’re almost even.

Its hardly “mad cheaper”, sorry Honday boiz.

You must have not seen the price of diesel lately because its about $.30 more than unleaded

Incredible…

if you dont own a honda, you are dumb

/thread.

seriously… look at the cackord. i wonder how long it would last if i actually maintained it…

the cost of owning a vw isnt really that bad…

its bad for those who have to pay for labor, and when things go they usually follow a pattern…

besides, there way more comfortable,

i drove my civic from buffalo to cleveland 210 miles one way, then back on one tank 420 miles to the tank… i.e. 41 mpg…

i also drove my gti from buffalo to toledo ohio a 310 mile one way trip. and around and back… approx 650 miles. filled up 1.5 times, for a mpg of 35 at 75…

if i have to replace 2 more parts a year on the gti then the civic and spend even 1000 more dollars to own a vw i will just because of how comfortable it is…

and dont even get me started on safety =)

hondas are just very reliable bikes but rather with 4 wheels and shift linkage that never stays in one place =)

^ have you driven a NEW honda?

I really don’t think a vw is more comfortable than a honda

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:46,topic:36041"”]

[/quote]

[quote=“layzie,post:47,topic:36041"”]

correct BUT,

the VX was 2,094lbs compared to the DX 2,178lbs. Having almost a 100 less pounds and being only 10 hp and 1 lb trq less then the dx, 10 hp more wouldn’t make up for the extra 100lbs the dx had on the vx.

track times

VX - 16.5
DX - 16.8

AAAAH SHIT WHATS UP NOW!! lol

[/quote]

i have an EX. :slight_smile:

^ oh shit 125hp

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:54,topic:36041"”]

[/quote]

Werd… Go get a accord :slight_smile:

Ive been in a new passat, 2 jettas and something that i dont know what it was, and… eh, theyre not that fantastic IMO…

If I were Honda I’d buy this thing, baby it to a million miles, then advertise the shit out of it.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:54,topic:36041"”]

[/quote]

i would highly advise you refrain from arguing with bandwagon idiots.

before you go for the obvious retort, realize i made this post from my windows PC.

yes i have…

you get more for 17,000 in a VW then you ever will in a Honda… period