quads

quite a bit yes, but you cant be scared to ride the roads to get to some of them

No place to ride = no reason for me to own another one. All the spots we used to love to ride are blocked off, guns pointed at you (you guys remember the last Machanicsville ride! lol) or the cops come.

$20 twister tuesdays were the only time I got to ride so I sold it. Shame too because the wife loved to ride and was getting very good fast on her CRF150R, until some trash stole it chained to the tree out front.

Kinda doesnt make me want to ride anymore.

My 4 year old is getting good enough to start riding trails now so I’ll have to get one for myself in the spring.

http://www.shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5292&stc=1&d=1352909262

I dont mind road riding. I normally have to do some of it to get to trails. I cant imagine it being much of an issue out where you live as far as cops go either.

Yeah, that ride in Mechanicville was nuts and not somewhere Id go again. I know a few places to ride but riding alone sucks.

word, I used to have 3 quads and 2 dirtbikes when I lived downstate, shit was the funnest thing ever and all I had to do was go into my backyard to the railroad tracks and the tracks went for like 50 miles with a TON of trails inbetween… Up here, I cant find shit and even if I did, im scared the cops would bust my balls like they do if you spit a fuckin peice of bubble gum out on the floor.

I’ve actually been looking at some land for sale, everything ive looked at this far hasnt been cleared out for riding so I didnt bother, but if anyone finds 5-10 acres for under $20 grand lemme know, everyone would be welcome.

Its only an issue if you stop, surprisingly enough there are a ton of cops out where i live. I’ve been chased by the best of em, and son, you make em look like they’re all runnin in slow motion. Just wanted to say that.

Cops have been around a lot in my parents neighborhood lately. Neighbors haven’t figured it out either. We usually ride out on the trails then come home in the dark on the road. We’ve been riding for nearly 15 years and never saw a cop. Then this year, I’ve had (2) run ins. Agreed, never stop. No regi, no insurance, no stopping. If you give them a chance to get out of their car and approach you. You are taking a huge chance of them throwing the book at you. I don’t rip off waving the middle finger, but I don’t stop either. Just keep heading my course, waved to the first cop this year and said hi, but kept on the roll. Haha.

It’s getting harder and harder to find places to ride. I’m looking to buy land. But, unless you have some decent acreage, you get bored of doing circles on a small plot of land. I need to find an atv friendly neighborhood.

Breaking trails is easy. Get enough people that would ride there and you will have trails in a hour.

I have plenty of crap to ride between my banshee, 2 mini buggies going on 3 and a small dirtbike for the wife. Try to ride in schodack at my buddies dads house when I can, but schedualing to do so is a PITA. Seems that most popular spots to ride are being watched over by cops. The last time I was stopped they were actually riding 4x4 quads. The one thing though is you dont need to worry about them calling for back up on trails they really dont know well.

anybody want to go riding somewhere this saturday?

nah, everything cheap that ive went to look at is surrounded by big ass trees a foot away from eachother… brush is easy to clear away, big ass trees not so much lol

<<<<< gonna buy another 450 here soon. Or I am gonna build a 250r from the frame up. Wanna get back into racing.

I would go riding saturday if there was a place to go, but rifle season starts saturday.

x2, riding season is pretty much over for the next 6 weeks

Theres trails in Rotterdam but Id just need a place to leave the truck. Theyre off the railroad tracks on the other side of town and theres plenty of trails thru the woods.

I dont hunt so it being hunting season doesnt affect me as far as riding goes.

Where abouts? Im right off chrisler just before altamont. I here quads and bikes all the time but see no trails close by. I’d hate to get caught in a mini buggy just trying to find a place to ride.

off of Burdeck street by Stewarts then get on the tracks for a bit. Theres ways to get there from the power lines behind Mohonasen high school and crossing Guilderland avenue and Helderberg avenue but Im not sure how those trails are because I havent hit them in a few years. Somebody said there was some sort of gate across one of those trails a while back but I never checked it out.

Well, i hope you dont get shot at, hunters usually dont take kindly to riding during season. Its just a courtesy pretty much, at least around here it is.

Agreed, same by my parents house. The landowners are usually good with all year riding. But riding during hunting season is off limits. The wheelers’ were all cleaned and put away last weekend. Probably won’t have them out until Christmas.

i used to have a yfz450 that i raced, thing was an absolute blast and a rocket ship. I’d like to get a rzr or a side by side just for general fun and hunting, i don’t think i’ll be getting an atv unless it’s a 4x4. the 2wd are fun but pretty useless for the woods with their low ground clearance.

mine’s got IRS so its pretty good off road for a 2wd.