Question about Auto Tech at HVCC

I’m looking at signing up for classes for auto tech at HVCC and since i know some members go to HVCC for it i figured i’d ask here.

What are the classes like?
How are the teachers?
What kind of knowledge do you gain from the classes?
How do you like the program overall?

i did the GM program but a lot is the same

classes are very informative as long as you keep up with them, and ask questions if you don’t understand something… you can’t be a wall flower in these classes because every person in the class has a different background in automotive

teachers for the most part are very cool people with a ton of good knowledge

you learn about every part of the car, brakes,engine, suspension,electrical, transmission, wheels and tires, chassie they cover all of it

i got a lot out of the program, and still to this day am glad i took it. i don’t work on cars anymore for a living but i do work in the automotive field still, and have that knowledge as a base is priceless

I did the Automotive Technical Services. Not a manufacturer specific program, but just as good.
You get A lot of hands on experience. Teachers are great. Every one of them is full of information. It’s a great program. I’d do it again any day

I took it and really didnt think the program was all that great but maybe things have changed since I went.

To me there was way too much class/book work and not enough time spent hands on. Definately not enough time spent on diagnosis- the diagnosis class didnt even have a lab.

Other classes were a joke where the teacher just fooled around and got paid but didnt really teach much.

i am going to be graduating in a few weeks from this program.
i took the general automotive course.
classes are pretty straight forward and not difficult for the most part.
teachers are awesome, some of the best ive had yet in any of my schooling.
you learn about pretty much every subject in the automotive field: engine rebuilding, transmission rebuilding, electronics, fuels, chassis components (hvac, brakes, suspension), vehicle diagnosis
its good stuff, and if you should like it, i did.

its definately a good program, PM me if you want the email for my dad, he is a professor in the automotive department and can answer any questions you might have

Hey Chris ask our buddy Dave he was in the program

The teachers are amazing… material is kinda boring and tedious at times. Doing book work is not a good way to learn auto tech haha. bwe’s dad is the man as well as Professor Button.

who is his dad?

I did the auto program there, like lance said the bookwork was kind of annoying but hey, you gatta do it, but all the labs were awesome, even tho there were a few PITA ones, alot of good times were had the years i was there :lol

McNally

AKA the creator of the McNally tune

Is mcnally still doing electrical?

Is kroll still there?

I went back in 2002- I did not go right into the auto industry field after school, only some here and there type automitive stuff. Right now i do work in the industry and make a nice living, its a good start no matter what kind of automotive job your looking for.

Yep mcnally is still doing electrical and kroll is still there, causing trouble like usual lol

he was one of the good teachers there.

If you’re dead set on taking auto tech then HVCC is definitely the place to do it.

uti and wyo-tech are over priced, and filled with a much larger percentage of retards then the hvcc course

THIS… im currently enrolled at Wyotech i know all about the ratards

kroll is the man. funny as hell

I took Auto Body there, and hated it, they were in the process of changing the whole program, and i was taking 4th semester shit in my first, and first in my 3rd… it was all fucked up.