question about registering car..

i keep the titles for my cars at my grandmothers house seeing as she is a very organized person and i also figured they are safe there…

but anyways i picked up what i thought was the title for my geo today so i could register the car in the AM…but of course its the one for my caprice…FML…awesome ending to my day…

but i was wondering if i really NEED the title for the car to register it…i mean i just took it off the road a couple months ago and i still have the registration sticker in the windshield and the card in the glove box…would those be sufficient?

this is a serious question, i just dont want to get up even earlier in the morning to add more stops on my way to work @ 10…

another thing…does the dmv on south pearl open at 8 or 9?

i re-regged a trailer without my reg once…they looked it up… so…I wonder

Last time i reg a car that was the same state was my sentra back in 07. and they took th title and shreaded it on site. new one came in the mail 3 months after i sold it :rofl had it 8 months too. haha. I made copies of all my titles. dont ask. its this weird thing i have.

I work for the DMV thru my work and yes u need the title to prove ownership. Are u changing names on the registration? PM me if u need more help :thumbup

If you’re just renewing registration you do not need the title, if you’re getting new plates then yes, you need the title.

what if i transfer plates from another vehicle back to this car?

plates were originally on the geo…i transferred them to the sentra…and then back to geo…can i do that?

How about applying for a duplicate title?