question about subwoofer problem

ok im trying to run my subs and everything is hooked up correctly, but when i turn on the music (from the car being off) it pounds once than just shuts off ? the subs turn off the amp stays on. any ideas??

Check your Satic Battery Voltage and then if thats not the issue check your ground.

What are you using for a Ground?

a “custom” ground. at first i was using a screw in the floor of my trunk but like an idiot i forgot to check it and it had a plastic washer, but now im using a a screw with a piece of metal over it. a sandwitch effect if you will of the ground end. ill check my battery tomorrow with the battery tester at work.

Did you sand off the paint were the ground is?

I alwats reccoment using an existing bolt as a chassis ground and make sure you have metal to metal contact.

i used a better ground and now they come on adn show some bass, but go to high and the same problem happens, they just shut off. any ideas?

Are there any warning lights coming on, on the amp? Or does it just shut right off? Turn the gain all the way down and try again.

Stock bolt points are not ground points. They were designed to be there for a reason and it wasn’t to hold a ground wire down. But definitly sand the paint off the place you are going to ground. Also make sure you are actually grounding to PRIMARY chassis. Not to something hanging off the chassis (ie: seat rails, e-brake pedals, etc).

What subs are you running? How many? How are they wired? You might be trying to run an impedance too low for your amp.