Question: expired inspection and reg

long story short, my s2000 had a check engine light for the secondary air pump, it took me a couple months to get something in place to get around that check engine light, by that time rolled around i already had gotten a ticket. you know how the rest of the story goes, dmv told me to pound salt

Now I get another letter stating that my insurance was cancelled on the Cayenne so I need to turn in my plates. I just put them on the GLA!!!
Thank God the DMV is on top of this shit! Serious bizznizz!

2x in the last year Iā€™ve gotten letters saying each of my current vehicles was not insured and that I had to turn in my plates. Long story short, 1 was result of the insurance company dropping the ball, and the other was a result of an error on the DMVs side. What a colossal pain in the ass.

VAG COM can force readiness for all parameters. I despise Schmitts, but they should be able to do it.ROC Euro in Rochester has been my saving grace with the S6, but it sucks going to Rochester for it. I spent $12k to get my car to pass inspection so the RS7 canā€™t be that bad.

Iā€™m not too sure what tune or other stuff you have on the Audi but it will be difficult to get it to pass inspection if your tune is shutting off the 02 sensors. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard that Vagcom can force readiness but if it can, why bother with Schmidtā€™s or RocEuro?

Thanks Jeller dude, I finally got her out of the barn and used this process. It worked!

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome man, considering thatā€™s a pretty old process I used on my B7A4.