Question for the import guys

I saw a pretty nasty Civic Hatch today (could hear the BOV and turbo, wide ol’ tires on the front), and there were holes cut in the rear bumper. Right in the center, about 7 or so across. They were maybe an inch and a half in diameter. What’s this for? So air doesn’t catch infront of the bumper cover?

I beleive this is an attempt to relieve drag ( aerodydamics if you will )from the rear bumper…

u can correct me if I’m wrong… but I think that is the idea…

secondly if this car was just cruising around the streets that seems alittle silly, imo.

BINGO.

Yes, air goes under the car and can collect in the scoop of the rear bumper due to the way its shaped. Cutting holes in it lets it pass through thus decreasing drag.

Maybe someone on here has seen this car? Olive green metallic, black wheels, still had the yellow numbers on the windows from the track

I thought about cutting holes in rear bumper…

shit starts to make a difference @ 140+ mph

Sounds like Floyd. Was it right hand drive?

His DEF has yellow numbers on it

I didnt see if it was RHD

to bring this OT.

Anyone know who has the black hatch with HID fogs and HID headlights. Slammed to the ground bunch of suspension work. Wheels. Seems like a sick little car. Ive seen it a few times. its the 96-00 style hatch. Theres another one running around same stuff but 92-95 style…guessing the same guy? Hes around the cranberry mars area. If anyone knows him I so wanna look at that car close up.

It seems like the holes in the rear bumper has become the trend lately. Just about every hatch I see anymore has them and most don’t even make enough power to make use of it.

I heard a long time ago that the Civic VX had a rear diffuser which covered the big opening under the bumper. Also heeltoe.com used to sell diffusers that mounted to the OEM location.

my new civic has a diffuser under the back end of the car in an attempt to add in decreasing drag

That’s so your car is capable of going the speed lmit.

Mr “12.5 all motor” man talking

get your shit done for friday, i want to see if these years of hype are worth it!

:bowrofl:

12.5 all motor? I dont’ get it, I went 14.9 “all motor” :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ll see, I lifted the head and i’m waiting for better head studs to come in so i’m not sure how much i’ll want to push it right now.

:finger2:

there was a post on honda-tech a long time ago about the holes in the bumper. someone did a test and it really didnt help that much and wasnt really worth it cause it caused turbulant air or something I cant rememer

OWN3D:eek4:

I still dont get it, i never went 12.5