Question of the day...

Car was running and boosting absolutely fine today… Installed an oil catch tank which i am assuming was the big mistake. Anyhoo, turn on the car and its burning oil, turned it off immediately and saw some oil leaking/spilling from the turbo inlet… Removed all the hosing of the oil catch tank… Drove it from scott’s to my place , did not boost cuz i was scared but car seemed to run just fine without the boost kicking in (around 4,5k rpm or so) … came back home and checked it, some oil was still on the turbo inlet but not blowing white at all…

so now i am scared shitless if i blew this turbo up or it just got clogged for a second and some excessive oil spilled out of the inlet (i am guessing if the oil catch tank blocked something, oil had to make his way out of somewhere)

am i totally off ? some opinions plz.

tsk tsk bora, bora, bora, youve had the car all of what 1 day??? you should leave mechanical work to the profesionals. :rolleyes: maybe you just installed the catch can wrong…

mmm scott has it installed exactly same way on his DR30 and it runs fine…

honestly, i am scared shitless

uh oh well try driving the piss outa it haha sounds like you have a big problem…maybe you should take it to speedworks i hear they specialize in blown turbos. :o

Well, it’s likely the catch can and excessive oil.

You’ll never know until you go and boost it.

And the blown turbo is the least of your worries. I’d rather have that than a blown motor.

Especially with an FJ.

a Blown TD07S would cost as much as an FJ20 motor

No one said he would have to get the exact same turbo. :wink:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA