quick diag question

car starts fine but as soon as it reaches operating temp it shuts itself off (1992 4cyl engine) and will not start up until it cools back down

anyone have any idea what it could be? coolant temp sensor? i havent done much research but i figured someone on here has been through it or has a better idea than i do

thanks for the help in advance and sorry for lack of info lol

92 4 cylinder what?

rofl its a toyota celica…2.2L

Does it just quit once the it hits operating temperature? Or does it start running rough? I don’t personally have any experience with old toyotas, but the more info you provide the more likely somebody will be able to help you.

im not really sure, i will get more info on it tomorrow and post it up.

clogged catalytic converter perhaps?

It the cat was plugged up to the point where it would shut down at operating temp it should be apparent when the vehicle is cold and under load. It’s really hard to try and give even a semiaccurate answer without complete information as to exactly what happened and what the car is doing.

distributer is prolly junk or the ignitor in it . only a fuckin tard would say a clogged cat lololol wow no wonder why the service writer world didnt work for ya failvis

This is the red one in Stillwater on Craigslist, isnt it?
http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/2088421753.html

Detective PJB!

I just happened to see it last night. Sometimes when Im bored I check out the cars on CL.

Yea car would still run with clogged cat. Just ask John about my camaro. My dodge ram did that before and it ended up being the fuel pump. When it heated up it would lose fuel pressure and shut off.

yeah thats my buddys celica i was thinking about picking it up for a winter daily so i can get to work and back but i forgot its auto so you can go ahead and lock it up im not dealing with another automatic car