Quick harness question about ABS

hey ,

im going SOHC to DOHC and the shop has my engine and is waiting for me to get a harness before they do the swap. But i want to know if the engine has to be removed comepletly inorder to remove/install the harness? IF they were to do the swap, can they add the harness in after the engine has been swaped? I dont want to habve to pay to do this twice…i want to be 100% sure of it. And remember im going from SOHC to DOHC…I was told it can be done with the engine in…my buddy at the shop has a 300zx TT and said with his he needs the engine out to get the harness in/out…

anyone know first hand and is 100% sure of this? Is it just as easy as if the engien was out ? or woudl it be a little harder to get in if the engine is in the car, but it can be done ?

well i just swapped my sohc for dohc last week and u put the engine in then u put the harness in…the harness on a dohc doesnt have very many plugs and is on stop of the engine

so tell him to put the engine in then get the harness later

awesome! thats good news! im trying to get it ready for sunday, if i dont have plates on either, i dont care, ill drive with a 10day permit just for the meet then park it for the winter again. BUt atleast ill have the engine in!

thanks for the help!

Ok so im just about to get the ka24de in , and i was looking at the harness and its seems like im gona have to take the ABS system out…i really dont want to cause that means ill have to bleed my brakes…

is there a way around this withouth taking the ABS out? Can i insert/remove the harness withouth touching the ABS thing?

convert ur car to non abs…its better without anyways

yea but i need t fittings and all that…and ill still have to bleed the brakes…remember im trying to do this all before satruday nigth, so ill have my car for sunday…

ill eventually take out the abs, but for now it stays, its less money i need to spend on new parts too!

so there is no way to get the harness out with taking the abs out?