Quick release hub

I’m thinking about getting a quick release hub, but I’m not quite familiar with them. Couple questions…

1. Are these quick release hub including the hub adapter that attach to the car? Or do I need a hub adapter plus a quick release?

2. What’s the difference between different brands? Or which brands would you guys recommend?

3. Also, do they have the mechanism to cancel the signal after the turn?

4. What about the horn connection?

Peter

I am going to get one soon also and would like to know about these things…

im not sure baou the horn connection and signal cancel, but the brands are all the same

i had an nrg and meagn side by side, tere 100% identical inside and out

and you need to buy a hub sperately

i have a hub and qr for sale ready to go (boss hub, megan qr)

$180

ttyl

Ok, there are quite a few different brands of QR’s

Ball bearing units suck, they have loads of play and can be pulled oof the hub without too much force.

There are other brands that have a mechanical lock, MR200 has one, I’ve not taken a good look at it but it’s thin and has some rediculously complicated mechanism in it.

I’ve got a Tekniq QR, which happens to be the only “street legal” unit as it locks with a key and cannot be removed without it, thus no come off while drivey = crash (like some red and black drift car I know of at some big event that hit a wall while the driver was waving the wheel out the window on a straight away)

The tekniq unit expect to spend about $200 for it, and less for the others. But as with all things, and I say this with great contempt and disdane for most 240 owners… You Get Exactly What You Pay For (in quality of product, unless you get ripped off but that’s your own damn fault if you do)

Cheers

What makes this hub street legal? Is it SAE approved or something? If I get pulled over by a cop, he’ll probably say its not legal no matter what you put on there anyway.

So what type is the Megan Racing or the NRG that people are selling on the forums?

ill be gettin teh Tekniq QR only cus it cancles the srs airbags and it has a key.
for the kick back for the signals its all depended ont he hub theres adaaport plates that do it or soem come wiht it. i havea a momo hub and it does it on its own.

Anyone here has used the NRG? They looks nice but how well do they work?

I have the NRG short QR. It is good because it keeps close to stock position. It is bad because it has some play in it.

i got a megan racing unit (ball bearing) and have no problems so far. holds on sturdy, no play, but now i am all paranoid if u guys say ball bearing ones fly off? never heard of that, but i’m not doubting you.

i got an HKB hub, and i didnt get the signal cancel working, but it doesnt bug me. the horn connection is easy to do, but it all depends on what steering wheel u get, and the horn it comes with, but really easy to wire, lots of write ups online on how to do it.

the nismo hub lets u keep the signal cancel if u can find one, and its real purtee.

so does the momo hub. i have a mom hub and it cancels out the signals for me too

I’m thinking about getting a quick release hub, but I’m not quite familiar with them. Couple questions…

1. Are these quick release hub including the hub adapter that attach to the car? Or do I need a hub adapter plus a quick release?

2. What’s the difference between different brands? Or which brands would you guys recommend?

3. Also, do they have the mechanism to cancel the signal after the turn?

4. What about the horn connection?

Peter

I am going to get one soon also and would like to know about these things…

im not sure baou the horn connection and signal cancel, but the brands are all the same

i had an nrg and meagn side by side, tere 100% identical inside and out

and you need to buy a hub sperately

i have a hub and qr for sale ready to go (boss hub, megan qr)

$180

ttyl

Ok, there are quite a few different brands of QR’s

Ball bearing units suck, they have loads of play and can be pulled oof the hub without too much force.

There are other brands that have a mechanical lock, MR200 has one, I’ve not taken a good look at it but it’s thin and has some rediculously complicated mechanism in it.

I’ve got a Tekniq QR, which happens to be the only “street legal” unit as it locks with a key and cannot be removed without it, thus no come off while drivey = crash (like some red and black drift car I know of at some big event that hit a wall while the driver was waving the wheel out the window on a straight away)

The tekniq unit expect to spend about $200 for it, and less for the others. But as with all things, and I say this with great contempt and disdane for most 240 owners… You Get Exactly What You Pay For (in quality of product, unless you get ripped off but that’s your own damn fault if you do)

Cheers

What makes this hub street legal? Is it SAE approved or something? If I get pulled over by a cop, he’ll probably say its not legal no matter what you put on there anyway.

So what type is the Megan Racing or the NRG that people are selling on the forums?

ill be gettin teh Tekniq QR only cus it cancles the srs airbags and it has a key.
for the kick back for the signals its all depended ont he hub theres adaaport plates that do it or soem come wiht it. i havea a momo hub and it does it on its own.

Anyone here has used the NRG? They looks nice but how well do they work?

I have the NRG short QR. It is good because it keeps close to stock position. It is bad because it has some play in it.

i got a megan racing unit (ball bearing) and have no problems so far. holds on sturdy, no play, but now i am all paranoid if u guys say ball bearing ones fly off? never heard of that, but i’m not doubting you.

i got an HKB hub, and i didnt get the signal cancel working, but it doesnt bug me. the horn connection is easy to do, but it all depends on what steering wheel u get, and the horn it comes with, but really easy to wire, lots of write ups online on how to do it.

the nismo hub lets u keep the signal cancel if u can find one, and its real purtee.

so does the momo hub. i have a mom hub and it cancels out the signals for me too