R35 countdown!

What is that roof support thingy? its the beam going from the roof down the rear window.

So here is what Im guessing they took the platform of a G35 X (all wheel drive) and combined it with the G35 coupe or 350Z and put a slightly different body on it with a highly mofified or different engine. Clearly this vehicle is based off the 350Z.

pics?[/quote]
I posted these pics in the car media section, but I guess not everyone has access… This is the new Foria concept from Nissan… basically a lightweight, FR car…

This is the only real pic I have from the new GT-R.

i think that he means the nissan azeal concept. some trashy ricer webpages have been touting it as the new silvia. BUt Speculation has it pegged to be the replacement for the aging Almera(belive this is a sentra) chasis. QR25 Turbo, AWD. neat car, but transverse frontmount awd system is more likely next Sentra, or GTIR.

If you were to ask me, I’d say Nissan really needs a whole new lineup of designers, because I wouldn’t want to buy any of their new crap. As good as it may be mechanically, it’s ASS ugly on the outside.

Booooo. :frowning: Futuristicspacemobilerocketcarmagicmachines just aren’t for me.

This thread is very confused…

The latest GT-R will be unveiled very soon at the Tokyo Motor Show.

The car Matt (SDragon posted) was a previous concept car in 2001.

The chassis designation could go R or it could go V or it could go to a new letter. The latter might be more likely since this GT-R will, in all likelihood, be badged an Infiniti and the Skyline name will be dropped.

Coles: Infiniti GT-R @ TMS, unveiling soon, all pics out now are old or drawings.

^^so is this link right then??

HAHA! Matt beats me to the punch again. Thanks man! :stuck_out_tongue:

Only in North America. Infiniti does not exist in Japan, just as Acura and Lexus do not exist in Japan. They are North American brands. I can’t say for sure as I don’t work for Nissan, but I highly doubt the Skyline name will be dropped as it will continue to be badged a Nissan in Japan and Europe.

We are, however, supposed to be getting the “Infiniti GT-R” in 2008, on North American shores, for the first time ever. Excited? :smiley:

Only in North America. Infiniti does not exist in Japan, just as Acura and Lexus do not exist in Japan. They are North American brands. I can’t say for sure as I don’t work for Nissan, but I highly doubt the Skyline name will be dropped as it will continue to be badged a Nissan in Japan and Europe.

We are, however, supposed to be getting the “Infiniti GT-R” in 2008, on North American shores, for the first time ever. Excited? :D[/quote]

Learn the facts before you post in an attempt to correct me.

The japs are crazy about the Infiniti badge… just like people here badge their Lexus SCs to Toyota Soarers and their G35s to Nissan Skylines, so too do the Japanese badge their Nissans and Toyotas with N. American “upmarket” badging.

Nissan will likely (this mean’s I’m not 100% sure it will happen) introduce the Infiniti badge to the Japanese market. It has already happened with Toyota/Lexus. And the Skyline name will almost certainly be dropped with this latest iteration of the GT-R.

If I’m wrong I’ll eat these words.

We are, however, supposed to be getting the “Infiniti GT-R” in 2008, on North American shores, for the first time ever. Excited? :D[/quote]

Learn the facts before you post in an attempt to correct me.

The japs are crazy about the Infiniti badge… just like people here badge their Lexus SCs to Toyota Soarers and their G35s to Nissan Skylines, so too do the Japanese badge their Nissans and Toyotas with N. American “upmarket” badging.

Nissan will likely (this mean’s I’m not 100% sure it will happen) introduce the Infiniti badge to the Japanese market. It has already happened with Toyota/Lexus. And the Skyline name will almost certainly be dropped with this latest iteration of the GT-R.

If I’m wrong I’ll eat these words.[/quote]

I know the facts, and I never said you didn’t. Sorry if you thought I was making a personal attack?

The only introduction of the Infiniti badge that’s happened in Eastern shores has been, as you stated yourself, through people rebadging their personal cars “just as people here rebadge their Lexus SC400s as Soarers, etc.”

By your arguement, and that line of thinking, they would want to introduce the Infiniti badge there (because people are “crazy” about it) and disolve the Infiniti badge here (because people are “crazy” about the Nissan badge). These ‘people’ you speak of are a select group of car enthusiasts, and ricers in some cases, this hardly makes up the majority of their target market.

However, as NEITHER OF US works for Nissan/Infiniti Motor Corporation this is all still pure speculation, whether we think we “know the facts” or not. Arguement based on speculation and a vague understanding of the inner workings and marketing strategies of the company is hardly grounds for a good debate. Thus I rest.

Truth.

Sorry, didn’t mean to come off that harsh. Neither of us “know” for sure, you are right. I’m going by what I’ve read in various sources over the last couple months - some information has been corroborated, some hasn’t.

We will see in a few (hopefully short) days!

Ok stupid question but I don’t know a lot about computers. Is what your saying a way to put this on your computer and will the countdown actually work when you do so?

I know how to copy/paste, save as… and apply as wallpaper. Just wanted to clerify this b/c if it can be done, wow that’s neat!

As for the car, it does look similar to pic’s I’ve seen magazines at Phil’s but I’m not super impressed with it. Seems waaaaaayyyyy to futuristic to me. Still it’s nice to see the GTR back. :smiley:

lousy. looks like a g35 with a botched facelift. might as well be an oversized toenail clipper. :roll:

Ok stupid question but I don’t know a lot about computers. Is what your saying a way to put this on your computer and will the countdown actually work when you do so?

I know how to copy/paste, save as… and apply as wallpaper. Just wanted to clerify this b/c if it can be done, wow that’s neat![/quote]

Yup, you can set any web site, picture, etc as a “desktop item”, and even have it synch occasionally. The GT-R countdown works perfectly. Why don’t you try it and find out :wink:

Hey thanks man, I really appreciated this. I tired it and it’s pretty cool. :smiley:

Day was’nt a waste I learned something new and now, I AM A COMPUTER GOD!!!. :lol:

Yeah right.

C6 Z06 still owns all.

LOL

my prediction:
this will start a nice flame war… i.e. thread = locked…

Not really… think about it… let’s say 90,000CAD for the C6 Z06.

That’s only because it was build in North America… no tarrifs/duties/taxes/shipping/etc…

Everyone goes on about Z06 being the best car in it’s price range… but when you figure it out… if you want to compare an exotic to the Z06, you have to look at how much the Z06 would cost if we WEREN’T attached to the USA… probably closer to 140,000… and I’m sure for 140,000 you could find a car that would beat a Z06.

Soooooo enough of that.

Why do we have to look at the Z06 if it weren’t attached to NA?

North America already gets the cheapest prices on cars, especially mainstream exotics, since that is the companies’ number one market.

Ferraris, Lambos, Audis, AMG Benzos all cost less in the USA (msrp) than they do in Europe or Asia. Same goes for mainstream cars e.g. Honda, Toyota…

Even the Ford Focus is cheaper in the US than it is in the UK, where it was developed.

Coles Notes of my rebuttal: Z06 = Best bang for buck worldwide for a factory production vehicle. Period.