R35 countdown!

You’re telling me a brand new… say… M5, in Germany… would cost LESS than in Canada?

EDIT: And I am not saying that the Z06 is a piece of shit… I’m just so sick and tired of everyone bringing it up all the time.

And if you want to be like that, the Ariel Atom would stomp a Z06 and it’s cheaper. So stfu.

two things

1. mike (spd-dmn) should have stated “street legal”. If it is street legal, it’s not in legal in Canada for certain.
  2. I have a feeling this Ariel Atom isn’t a “Factory Production” car, but I may be wrong, I’ve only seen pictures.

i just read a little about this ariel atom, all sources so far say 0-60 in 3.7 seconds.

thats supposed to “stomp” a z06?

c6 z06 does 3.5-3.7 0-60mph as far as i know…

//edit// ok now im finding places that say 1.7 second 0-60 for the ariel… also found one that said 2.9 seconds… what the hell? 1.7 second 0-60?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573&q=ariel+atom

There are different models of the atom… anything from a non supercharged ecotec… to a supercharged K20

The atom is a friggin go-kart.
Sure its street legal, but you can’t seriously tell me that it and any car are in the same league. Its a frame+engine.

So?

Price seems to be the only factor here…

MIGHTY USSR RUIN ANY R35!

its 0-60 in 2.9… but holy sh!t, this thing is insaaaaaaaaaaaane!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

its 0-60 in 2.9… but holy sh!t, this thing is insaaaaaaaaaaaane!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote]

Jeremy mentions that in the video… he says “If you can shift gears fast enough, you can go from 0 to 60mph in 2.9 seconds”

I tried posting a little rant about the lack of body panels, but the forum wasn’t working late last night for some reason.
The short of it:
Despite the fact that it’s a triangulated space frame, I don’t see how it could possibly be as stiff as one WITH panels in it, or a monocoque. I realize a monocoque would likely cost a bit more, but if they make more than one of the car, then the cost of the prototyping for the inital mould could be offset.
Either way, if they didn’t want to go that route, couldn’t they have just filled the frame with some kind of composite panels? I’d figure something like a nice honeycomb sandwich would work rather well.

Seen here testing at the Nurburgring test track in Germany is a Skyline GT-R test mule wearing a heavily modified body of an Infiniti G35 Coupe. To clarify, the G35 Coupe was named the Skyline in Japan since 2001 but never received an ultra-high-performance engine/drivetrain and therefore never lived up to it’s predecessor’s supercar status. But that’s all going to change now with the new GT-R. Taking a closer look at these photos you’ll notice the slightly more acute roofline, hood air-scoops, widened body with flared fenders, rolled out rear quarter panels and rocket launcher like dual exhaust pipes which is rumored to give way to 480hp from a 3.2 liter twin turbo V6 engine. Sources say that the purpose of this particular testing session was to evaluate the GT-R’s suspension which is being tuned by Lotus at their development center in England. This GT-R will be exported globally and that includes US (under Infiniti brand) and Australia. Look for a price tag around $80,000 USD.

You can order them with a CF monocoque and or CF body panels…

You can order them with a CF monocoque and or CF body panels…[/quote]
Then that’s just f*in sick and those men are gods :smiley:
I want one… but this lame ass country will likely not allow it.

You can order them with a CF monocoque and or CF body panels…[/quote]
Then that’s just f*in sick and those men are gods :smiley:
I want one… but this lame ass country will likely not allow it.[/quote]

2 words: Crash-test standards.

it won’t pass the 10km/h front impact without damage, so you are right. YOu won’t see it here, unless you could get it shipped here and build it as a kit car and insure it that way…hmmm interesting…

Hahaha, that’s an awesome idea actually! You’d get the satisfaction of assembling your own car, you’ll learn a lot of things along the way, and you’ll get to stomp on anything that pulls up to you… Unless it’s an SUV and it just turns towards you and smushes you into paste. Meh… It’d have to catch the Atom first :wink:

They sell them in “kit” form too (we have been bouncing e-mails back and forth for a while).

I can’t remember exactly but I think it’s along the lines of ordering the car without the engine or ordering the car with the engine that you have to put in yourself… to have it be considered a kit car.

They covered ALL the bases with this thing.

thats pretty sweet then.

i think i’ll just save for 1 car at a time tho. first being the cef’s replacement in august if i have enough cash by then…maybe my dad will forget the 911 for his 50th nextyear and buy the atom…

I thought a kit car also had to be 15yrs old as well

Canada’s import laws suck huge balls eh Gabe?

Too bad there’s no such thing as private exemption you can apply for. :wink: