R35 owners CAN haz TQ! PE Quad Charged GT-R

turbos work off of exhaust gas, exhaust gas takes time to build up no matter what size motor u have. but…this time aka “LAG” will be greatly increased/reduced with the choice of displacement u choose to use. basically, lag in inevitable no matter what size motor u have, whether it be little to no lag or a 42R on an evo lag.

there is no defining a “proper turbo setup”. this all depends on goals. because a proper setup for drag would be a huge turbo with tons of lag, where as for road race would be a med turbo with some lag, or autoX where u tend to use a small turbo with very little lag.

\

dont forget some NAWZZZ to spool that big drag ETURBOOO

tooo funny!!!

Last time I checked APS uses twin evo 16g’s on their TT setups and have made over 700rwhp with those turbos before upgrading to their bigger choice of turbos…

on 8psi with a bone stock LS1 with the APS kit, their making anywhere from 520-550rwhp and peak boost is before 3k…As soon as you mash the gas, their fully spooled.

hell, I was spinning 17psi on a T72 on a bone stock 3.8 by 3800rpms.

S/C’s spin with the crank…the higher the rev’s, the higher/more boost you make…Turbo’s can make retarded boost levels low in the power band if they are properly matched up with the cam/cubes and of course turbo choice.

of course im talking about V8’s here…this doesnt apply to 4 cylinders.

Base model APS kit on a 99 SS. 347 motor. 15lbs of boost…800rwhp, 901rwtq…over 500rwtq before 3k…

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1028068-347-aps-twin-results-800-901-a.html

in reality what it comes down too if if you prefer S/c’s or turbo’s. They both have their weakness’s and their strong points.

U put any small turbo on a huge v8 and u will get instant TQ that will bleed off fast than Sean busts his load! its almost useless unless u like spending money on tires.

S/C’s are instant power but the boost is progressive so the TQ is instant but hits differently. its more like a ramping up motion than it is being hit by a bus.

correct…

but I personally like that being hit by a bus feeling…blowers are too linear…you dont get smacked in the face with 20lb’s of boost all of a sudden and shit yourself/.

yes but blowers are more controlable. my evo was insane. nothing until 4500-5000 then boom! 30psi and 460wtq.

the vette is somewhat the same. the damn thing makes like 400wtq by like 2-2500 rpms. total of 516wtq and holds almost all of it until redline. and thats only 8psi. i cant imagine 15-16.

soon.

Some people don’t like that feeling. You can always use anti-lag when leaving the line to make boost with big turbo applications or you could brake boost. There will never be full boost right away like a supercharger.

thats what happens when you have a decent sized turbo on a small ass motor.

which car is faster do you think? evo or Z06??..obv. the evo would have the Dig advantage but how about say from a 20+ roll? The numbers are nearly the same on both cars right?

it depends on how much boost your pushing on both the S/C and turbos.

If your pushing 20psi on a Kenne bell, your not gonna have instant boost either.

if your a 4k stalled auto with 3.23 gears and the APS kit, your gonna be making full boost (8psi) as soon as you hit the gas.

like I said…it comes down to proper setups.

The evo has 502awhp and teh zo6 has 580whp…

Kenne bells still have almost instant full boost when the throttle is smashed

504 and 583, get it right!!!

and they make a kenny bell kit for the ZED but…they dont make as much power as the centrifugals do.

nope…they do look sick on LSx cars tho!

nope what?

they come with a larger hood and i didnt feel like going through all that shit. also they have an air to water IC mounted under the blower. i didnt like that either.

I meant nope like roots style dont make the power centrifugical blowers do.

they sounds fucking sick, the tolerances are tighter but the power just isnt there.

They heat soak to easily. I like centrifugal for a supercharger set up

exactly.