"Racing Paradox : Cheap racing?"

Gokarting.

I should have no shortage of volunteers on this one.

Whether it be one of the times when we have a Shift518 trip to GPNY or just a dedicated trip for the matter I’m planning on going down to GPNY and shooting everything inside, go karts, tracks, location and a few laps on camera for the article.

The article will be generally about the racing of go-karts, how it’s one of the most if not the most pure form of racing, most variables between opponents are equal and skill level is an extremely important variable.

Compared to other forms of circuit racing (moto/auto) it’s much much cheaper, just as competitive, and possibly more available, not to mention a whole lot of fun.

Probably will just need one camera man and if anybody else wants to tag along just to go, I can’t blame ya.

Oh and

Lighter = Better =)

I’ll take this topic on.

As you can see…

The real reason I own an Odyssey…

http://images.uncleajg.multiply.com/image/1/photos/52/600x600/83/P1010005.jpg?et=BqQdEW6lRPwnKGKYcMhY%2BA&nmid=75706857

You want a general article or “day at the track” type of stuff? If it’s “day at the track” it will have to wait until Spring…

Just like everything else at Shift… Haha

All yours brother, I’ll just get as much photo and possibly video of it at GPNY.

I think a general article about what karting is, what types are out there, how to get started if you’re interested (such as going to GPNY) and the natual progression.

Also since it’s aimed at the Auto enthusiasts mentioning the fact of how it is affordable but still is competitive racing for those of us who can’t afford a Spec Bmw race car or a supersport bike with all the bells and whistles.

Ok, give me 3 weeks to get you a draft of this article.

I am imagining a three part series:

1. Introduction of Karting as a low cost form of motorsport (sprint karting, in particular)
  • Target due date for final draft: mid-April
  1. Typical day at the track (I should be back at the track by May)
  • Target due date for final draft: mid-June
  1. How to get started / finding a track, etc.
  • Target due date for final draft: mid-August

What do you think Vlad?

I think it sounds great!

I’ll be looking forward to it.

Let me know when some of the dates are and I’ll make sure I’ll come down and cover it with photo, plus I’d be curious to see it in person anyway.