radar detectors (split from FS thread)

^^ well if we were talking about any NORMAL radar detector, they can say they have detected a radar detector in the vehicle and can search your car on the basis of having it on board.

happened to my uncle and he had to surrender it and got fined.

its a $170 fine and the radar detector will get confiscated , Even if its unplugged and anywhere in the car.

they are not allowed to search your person if they pull you over unless you get arrested in which case they have to search you

also i heard that if you throw the detector in a self addressed envelope and seal it up they have to get a federal warrant to open up the package as it is against federal post law to open up sealed packages, lol

The fine went up with the new law. It’s $350 ticket.

Still cheaper than a $2000-10000 ticket, suspension and car impounded.

You are right! put the address in your mom or dad name. My friend got pull over and he put it in his pants, not his pockets, cause they ask to check your pockets.

Cop told me that he likes to go onto the highway and switch on his radar, to see who brakes then he pulls them over. Thats how they get the detectors they cant detect. So remeber that and downshift if anything.

sooo tempting…
but its not the parked cops that are all i worry about…
what about the cops who are on the roads themselves, if they match your speed and see that its over cant you get a ticket still?

Interesting debate. I beleive they still have to ask to search your vehicle. Friend was pulled over for suspected DUI and they asked to search his trunk. He was with his lawyer buddy who told him to say no, he did and they couldn’t do it. He wasn’t DUI BTW.

Regardless the STi Stealth is undetectable! And no you wouldnt want to slam on your brakes even with it…they mention that in the review I posted.

That is the only way they can figure it out if they are smart enough.

i dunno about you but i’m always on the lookout for cops driving around, use your damn mirrors to see what the road condition is around you
i can spot a cop pretty easily, most of the times even at night from the headlight pattern

Yea i agree with maxgohan just watch your mirrors youll see everything…and trust me I dont drive slow and not one ticket!

But if I had money laying around I would deff be on this radar looks fuckin sickk

wtf rofl
wow that hilarious cant they tell theres sumthin there when they frisked him

I love how debates start in people’s FS threads. Such a typical SON thing. Either way, if I were to do something as illegal as own and operate a radar detector in Ontario, this would be the only one I’d get. And I would have a big padded envelope, addressed to my family’s lawyer in my car, because as far as I know, that is the safest place to stick your radar detector if you get pulled over.

Debate is OK keeps the thread at the top. I like the envelope trick keep one handy.

I just posted it on here as a wild card see if anyone was looking.

It will sell on eBay no prob as its legal in most states.

a radar detector is not really going to help you in Ontario.

if you get caught you were also likely speeding = radar detector ticket and a speeding ticket.

i’ve been with a few buddies who got caught with them. automatic power trip by the officer. It’s almost like a switch goes off and not only do they find your radar detector but they also find a message on the radar detector that says FUCK YOU OFFICER BE AN ASSHOLE TO ME PLEASE…

imho you’re just asking for trouble.

you may not be speeding but have your radar detector on and get caught for that… ghey

+3 demerit points.

my buddy got caught with one just a week after they changed the legislation. if you don’t believe me, ask him why his license ended up getting suspended because of the extra points from that ticket…

i also agree with maxgohan, just pay attention, don’t be stupid, and you won’t have any trouble.

Your best defence is be afriad very afraid. Afraid to drive fast, to slide turns in the wet to do anything, be afraid of them it works. And when they pull you over be afraid… cuz they can f*** you so hard you’ll wish ur mommy was there to protect you.

IMO, popo and gov aren’t doing a very good job for their cause. As it stands right now, I would rather get a radar detector, and 500whp so that I can either avoid getting radar’d, or run away if they come after me.
I used to believe in being smart, driving carefully, etc… but this latest shit they’re pulling… it’s all out war. FUCK the police. Get a radar detector. Drive 250kph + So what? Your car is getting impounded anyway, you might as well.

Instead of getting that radar dector, get a twin turbo kit for your car then. :slight_smile:

a better defense would be a rusty s13 with a rb26 and 600hp caged black with black steelies with r compounds running on an expired 10 day