Radar detectors

this is how my parents said they caught a couple of ppl with radar detectors using there radar detector detectors they would sit on, a on ramp with there equipment off and they would randomly turn it on and off, then in the distance you would see abnormal braking from a car. hit and miss really though. then i guess they pull you over with some kind of suspension and then your toast.

suspension you say? must be a full coilover suspension, nice!

its 3 points on your license
and a like a 180-270 dollar fine
i cant remember
but it happened to me
my sister goes to the states all the time …long story short I was in her car, got pulled over for no reason.

they saw it on the floor in the BACK SEAT, asked what it was.
I said i didn’t know it wasnt my car,
they asked if they could see it. I said sure, thats when they went back to their car, talked on the radio for 20 minutes, came back and said
even though its not in use, its still illegal in the province of ontario.
gave me a 3 point ticket with a fine.
bunch of B/S but what can you do.

Its a $170 ticket + $30 fee … The detector was taken away .

No point though.

Aren’t there those radars that detect police themselves no lasers and stuff?

You’ll get it taken away at it’s an automatic ticket.

I’ve seen cops snag them and i’ve been there for 3 removal of radar detectors.

I was given a radar detactor as a part of a trade and i just give it away. there is no point in using on in ontario.

You’re going to get caught eventually anyways.

Just dont speed through common speed trap areas and pay attention to what the drivers are doing in front of you… Let them be your radar detector becuase when you see every car ahead of you hitting the brakes you know something is up ahead be it an accident of a cop.

if you get caught, fight it.

and yeah, as mentioned above, even if you just have it sitting in operable in a box, wrapped up in the trunk of your car under blankets and magazines… it’s still a ticket.

just like cocaine, you dont have to be snorting it right in front of the officer for it to be illegal.

i think you can get out of it as long as you can prove you were selling it. Meaning the box cannot be opened showing that it could have been used.

The trick is once its disconnect to put it on your person.

Unless you have outstanding warrents or are a BADMAN, they cannot serch your person without really good reasonable probable grounds…

I can still remeber the 80’s and 1 incident where my dad asked me to put his in my coat while he was getting pulled over.

how can you fight a radar dector ticket?

He meant if you get caught speeding. He said just previous to where you quoted that it’s not worth using a radar detector in Ontario.

That works.

Also, have a padded envelope with your mailing address and correct postage on it. If you get pulled over, drop it in the envelope before they see it, and then seal the envelope.

Presto! Federal mail laws come into effect! Which is more paperwork than the average cop wants to partake in if he wants to open it.

better yet address that envelope to “instruction for council” meaning for your lawyer only. they cannot touch that… I suppose they could try to use a dog to determine wether its contraband, but they likely won’t.

Thats some good advice, I would never of thought to do that. Radar detectors are well worth the money. I’ve had one save my ass countless times.

i was told what you can do is have an envelope near by, then when you are necessitated to hide it, put it in an envelope, seal it, and by law they can not open your envelope even if they feel something inside lol.

The STI is undetectable by any detector detector period, look it up, read up on it, i forget there was this one radar/laser/something else detector/jammer forum (huge) both US and Canada users, including some ex cops on there. Tests over and over again, the STI was undetectable at all (this is including ontario).

Anyways I don’t have one, but maybe some day. Right now I just don’t speed, at all (I mean at all lol). I won the last ticket I got phew… but no more speeding I drive right at the speed limit, gay tickets/system :stuck_out_tongue: Wish I could transport the autobahn over here heh (no speed limits + good quality roads).

Congratulations Ahmed for repeating everything other people have just said. To the letter, less than 5 posts after it was said. You rock.

hahahahah yeah really eh. like wow

Someone mentioned envelopes? I don’t think so. Someone mentioned STI? Yes they did but they were unsure of it, just heard of it possibly working to the exception one guy.

Congratulations DJPyro you have just contributed to this thread with that post.

perhap its time you learn how to read then eh

ahmed ur an idiot. please do us all i favour n gtfo

LAWL, I love you guys :slight_smile: