Rally car almost finished!

I built a 94 cx hatch in the last week for my rally/daily driver car.

specs on the car is
Stock LS Swap
clutchmaster flywheel/clutch
Garrett T3/60-1 .63ar
3" ic pipeing
Precision650 IC
DSM 450 inj (wray i got the loot for you)

the project is almost done all i need is a few clamps and an exaust setup…

so where are the pics then

its cool no rush, ill be back in town in a couple months prolly lol

Probably a little overkill for rally…I love it :blue: Any suspension stuff? What kinda numbers will that setup put out? Definitely want to see pics!

sweet

dont forget the pics of you at the rally

:cool:

who cares about power, what suspension will you do!

it is on neuspeed springs and KYB struts, im not sure what kind they where on the car when i got it.

the power output is should be around 260+ im shooting for 280 on 10psi.

Ill get pics up soon

I drove the car on a basemap last night for about and hour. and it was well over 200whp @ 6-7psi. But when i was just cruisen it went up in smoke nascar style i thought the head gasket gave but from my observations thus morning its light blue smoke and there is oil dripping from turbo. i do not have a restricter in line with the feed line. i never ran one before and had no seal problems but i guess i pushed it out…

does anyone have know if i acually messed the seals up should i order new ones and where can i pick up and oil restricter?

I think you should buy my 2871 for the rally car!

I cant i have a t3 flange mani!

Thats depressing, your rally/daily makes more power than my two hondas combined lol. Just my 2 cents on some suspension stuff, but if you want the car to rotate/pivot more with out doing anything to crazy you can up the rear sway bar size. Should help the ass end really get out there when you yank the ebrake. Just watch for the rear subframe for stress cracks from the rear bar.

Right now i dont think there is any sways on there at all you would recomend getting this?

I was always straight line…i dont know much about the bend stuff I have been in the dirt many times before (mainly on quads) so im just going to thow it out there and see if i have fun or not…( i cannot see how its couldent be fun)

Yea it might help out a little. I’ve never set a civic up for dirt either, but the effect should be the same. I think GSR/Si one might just bolt on? That would be a cheap upgrade. Like I said once you approach the size of 22mm or bigger (ITR sway bar & most aftermarket bars) I know you usually need to find a bar with a subframe brace since civics are known to tear the metal back there from the stress. If the car is still being a bitch and the front end isn’t biting or it keeps pushing, disconnect the front sway bar. Its probably picking up the inside wheel when the car leans over into a turn and if there is no LSD it will just light that wheel up. Thats probably the stuff I’d look into doing since it wouldn’t be that expensive do pull off.

fmf I would definately do the swaybar setup for dirt, it will make it far more stable.

For your Cx, you will need either 92-95 Civic Si, or 94-01 Integra rear LCA’s. They are super cheap and easy to come by. Your subframe is already drilled for a swaybar, but your stock LCA has no endlink provision.

You can do two things here. I’d suggest trying the stock Si or INtegra swaybar first. At 14mm it will change things up enough that you’ll notice it immediately, but not nearly as drastic a change as the 22mm ITR bar will induce. Running the ITR bar will require a subframe reinforcment kit ESPECIALLY if you are rallying, as the bar will be working double-time. Make sure you get the endlinks, d-brackets and bushings and all the hardware to put the bar on.

fmfkid250, nice little project you got going there.

Dyingwish, thanks for the written version of what we talked about the other day. I need those control arms too! :smiley:

sweeet project…

need pics tho