Ran 13.18 @ 106 mph on stock T25

Hey guys, I went to Cayuga the other day. The weather was pretty damn cold and track was very sticky. Ran 13.18 in the 1/4 mile @ 106 mph. 60 foot time was 2.083. The motor is a stock SR20 with a few bolt-ons listed below. I was running slightly over 1.0 bar, and the car felt quick. I never really got a good launch, and the times I did I got plenty of wheel hop. I was running street tires 235/40/17 streched on a 17x9 wheel. I know this tire/wheel setup is not really a good choice for drag racing, but then again I built the car for an all-round purpose (drag/circuit/street).

Tell me what you guys think of my time and setup, and if it would be possible to run a high 12 second pass next season. Here is my current setup:

S13 SR20DET Blacktop
Greddy R-SPL Front Mount Intercooler
Greddy TR EVO II Exhaust
Catco 3" Catalytic Converter
Greddy 3" Down Pipe
Mine’s No. 2 ECU
Yashio Factory Copper Radiator
Nissan Skyline R32 Fuel Pump
Exedy Hyper Single Clutch w/ lightened Flywheel
180sx VLSD Differential
Tein HA Coilovers
FN01-RC 17x9 Rear Wheels
Falken GRB FK-451 235/40/17 Rear Tires

u shoulda took pics of teh car on the track, or even just pics alone that car is sweet i need 2 see it again lol,
good stuff anywhoo

Fast time, but “235/40/17 streched on a 17x9” made me laugh.

thats what happens when you take your time building a car and doing it right

it just works better.

2.08 on stretched 235s in November seems like a damn good launch to me.

Coilovers are not really suited for drag launches. You could try solid rear subframe bushings, or even collars, to eliminate some of the slop in the rear end.

It’s a really good baseline to start with… sounds like 12s shouldn’t be a problem next season…

although any potential gains might be offset by hotter temperatures.

Next season I plan on installing some ureathane rear subframe bushings to eliminate the deflaction I am experiencing with my current setup. A nice electronic boost controller would probably hold boost a bit better as well.

I still need to do a good tune-up on the engine, as I am still running the same spark plugs that came with the motor. The car should run a bit cleaner that way, and I have a test pipe sitting in the garage that would free up some good hp.

Got some small things planned for next year, nothing to crazy though. I just got to work for that high 12 sec pass.

stock maf and injectors?

Yeah the injectors, maf and turbo are all stock.

wow… pretty nice :slight_smile:

i remember people were knocking me for saying that i could run 13.0 or 13.1 running a t25 at 15 psi and it wasnt possible.

oh how i laugh at you now.

Are you sure people were knocking you or was it your engine?

Are you sure people were knocking you or was it your engine?[/quote]

:worf:

lol mark,

the engine was more than capable of doing those numbers.

lol mark,

the engine was more than capable of doing those numbers.[/quote]

Not if you have Gonad’s engine.

nice times for sure! low 13’s is definately possible on stock sr with minor bolt ons like boost controller and fmic. btw i dont really consider 235 stretched on a 9inch wide wheel seeing as im running 225 lol on my 9’s lol

but props on how your car is extremely clean!!! so must nicer in person!

lol mark,

the engine was more than capable of doing those numbers.[/quote]

Not if you have Gonad’s engine.[/quote]

of course, thats what you get for cutting costs and installing the engine pretty much by yourself without much experience.

Way to go Tony.
Pm me next time you hit the track, I would love to lay some 1/4 mile times

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/thrust_ssc.jpg

No prob Francis…hey how is your car running these days. Didn’t see you at the Oct 22nd meet.

Car is going to be off the road soon, and into storage…winter sucks. :x I still have to attend to the suspension and brakes of the car, and there is some minor body work needed (front bumper aligning). I really want to break into the 12’s next season, but I have a goal to do it using the stock T25, and also keeping the motor relatively stock. We’ll have to see how things work out over the winter. Working on the car will be limited, since me and cold weather don’t really get along.

Here are some recent pics of the car Nelly…by the way how did the Altima I sold you serve your friend?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Sonic180sx/DSC00788.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Sonic180sx/DSC00786.jpg

sasha wins… i lose