Random check

Be aware that the police is having some type of routine check now.
My friend got pulled over today on his way to work, they now just sit beside the raod and randomly inspect the car.
He was not speeding, he just got flaged in by the officer .
the officer just asked for licence, registration and insurance , gone to his car , came back with some tools , checked the tires , asked for the head lights , hazard and turn signal to be turned on, he also checked the stop lights . Ask for the horn to be pressed and ask for the hood to be poped open. He checked the engine for about 2 min with his flash light and we were free to go.

We asked the offer what this was all about and he said that they were now having random check for vehicule on the raod. He obviously did say till when, LOL

If anyone of you guys have something that need to be address , fix it now, that will include bald tires, big ass muffler , ramdom vaccum lines not going anywhere , exessive rust on the car and chassis and light/turn signal not working.

This was a 96 VW jetta 4 door with no moddification at all ( even the stock air box was still present).

As soon as we left, he pulled over some type of honda civic with 4 door,
most likely to repeat everything.

thanks for the heads up, this sucks.

i love living in the country, theres never any checks the cops ask you what mods you’ve done and say nice it sounds like a nice car. cops let you off with warnings. i have never been pulled over for exhuast, sterio, or purging my nitrous. but good luck to you guys i would hate to be put through what you guys have to deal with!.. best of luck to you all!

I am with you there minus the nos.

did he check for a cat?

Cause all the “good cops” (aka douches who know every law by heart) work in the city. The cool cops work out in the nicer parts of the country.

Hey Francis, where was this?

Did it seem fair and straight-forward, or like they were trying to find any little thing wrong to “catch street racers”? MTO inspectors or a regular police officer?

And thanks for the heads up.

It was around leslie / sheppard / don mills area.
As far as I know they were regular cops , 2 police car was hidden in a driveway and 1 police officer was on the sidewalk flagging people in.

No he didn’t check for a cat , i don’t recall him going on his knees to check under the car. It’s a very quick inspection as the whole thing took less then 10 min overall.
This blitz is totally random, but I am sure they will choose to flag in a sport car rather than the average soccer mom mimivan.
we left the place with no warning and no tickets, the guy even said " have a nice day" at the end.

ahhh fuckkk…my passenger headlight is intermittent…sometimes it comes on…sometimes it doesnt!! damnnit!! n i live RIGHTTT in that area too!

rust eh…i guess a hole on the frame is bad…

A friend of a friend is an officer doing these checks. He said they do these checks periodically, and its not picking on modified cars. They are going after unsafe vehicles, like the rust heaps you see that actually look unsafe. If you drive a newer car they won’t even bother with you, but if it looks noticably worn or unsafe, they may pull you in for a check. If everything is in order, then you should have nothing to worry about. But if you’re running a nitrous bottle on the street, you’re asking for trouble IMO.

Its too bad cops don’t know the areas where rust can actually be dangerous. Do you really think a small hole in a 240sx rocker panel or the front of the frame rail is going to cause the car to be unsafe? I’m pretty sure most cops would get a car with any holes towed because it is “unsafe” lol.

I used to get bugged, harassed even, when I lived in Etobicoke… Now that I live downtown the cops never bother me, I think they have actual criminals to worry about down here hahaha…
Sucks for all you suburb mofos, the cops have nothing better to do in places like sauga, markham, oakville, etc.

Thanks for the heads up tho francis

I Have never had a problem with Oakville and Burlington Cops actually.