Vehicle Report Notice

So im driving to work the other night in Markham, driving along normally and I pull into a shell gas station when out of no where I see cherries behind me.
Cop comes out and asks me to pop my hood, (doesn’t ask for my license or nothing) so I hesitated but popped it, he must of been looking at my engine for a good 10 min and I could tell he had no clue what he was looking at asking me if it was supercharged or something.
So he goes back to his car and rights me up a vehicle report notice with MTO which I have to attend by the end of this month because he felt the modifications were’nt safe and MTO would have to see it. BULLSHIT
The funny thing is two of my buddies got the same notice the same night in woodbridge and they were in some hondas.
Now has anyone here ever got this notice and attended, is there anyway around it or a way to delay it? what do they look for? im guessing they do an etest on the spot, and im thinking it might be a good idea to fix the holes in my frame.
I cant believe this shit, how is anyone supposed to enjoy modding cars as a hobby when shit like this is going on, its just retarded how because i have a big muffler my car looks unsafe and he has to pull me over when I know everything I have done was done with safety in mind.

I just heard about this as well, WTF?!

lol swap vins and drive another 240 there, if they find shit they dont like they’ll probably want you to turn everything back to stock, unless your confident theres nothing wrong with it

meh guys jsut go to ministerey and get a new ownership sainying refit. for ur engine.

there is a 140point inspection they do, at least in KW. If they find things like loose lug nuts they’ll pull your plates.

Hope everything is legit.

Good luck.

no BOV that doest recurcliate i think.cuz they say it pollutes emissions shit in the air

what a load of crapload bullshit horse shit combined. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

x2

What exactly do you have done to your car?

well alot, sr, exhaust (does have a cat) but havent e-tested yet, coilovers, a tach and some gauges, wheels etc.
One of my friends on this forum had the same shit done to his car and he got pulled over at an MTO roadside inspection last year, the guy looked it over real good and told everything seems fine and sent him on his way.
But im thinking it will not be like that at the inspection office, Im planning on having a car show there since I know 4 of my buddies have gotten the notice and are attending on the same day. How weird is that?
So if anyone has been to one these inspections let me know how it was and if I have any chance or I should trailor my car there cause it will be pulled off the road.

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100572

it was a blitz on the weekend it seems. mostly york region?

I hope for your sake this is not some type of April fools joke. If it is, I am going to come down and beat you with a stick.
Anyway, that is totally bull crap. What exactly were you doing, were you speeding? Is your car insanely loud? Do you have smoke coming from the tail pipe?
And they pulled you over at a gas station? Come on man.
I don’t know much about the road rules but is it legal to pull someone over just like that? Keep us updated on this case because this is the 4 incident that I am hearing of this happening, none of the people that have gotten these ticket have yet gone to the MTO but I am anxious to know what they are really looking for (IE: engine mods or car structure)

I can assure this is not an april fools joke, though I wish it was.
I was pulling into the gas station to get gas (woodbine/hwy7) and I think maybe I didn’t signal thats why he pulled me over. He said I didn’t signal but didn’t even wright me a ticket for that.
Other than that my exhaust is leaking a bit but not too loud, no smoke coming out of the exhaust and the car is at stock hieght so I dont rub.
But ya it looks like it was blitz so I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, I cant wait to go to the inspection and prove these f***kers wrong and then shove it in their face when I get pulled over again.
Something has to be done, im a car enthusiest not a streetracer how do we get that across??

Ya please tell me what they are looking at. I need to change 3 bulbs and a tie rod before I go…maybe my welded exhaust isn’t the best idea either.

Reading these threads just makes me sick… Infact it pisses me off to no extent… Someones gonna have to stop this… and soon some cop pulls me over and tries to take away my car I just may lose it.

Trust me. You won’t. If you do, then you end up in Jail. K thx.

Actually, they can NOT tow your car unless you are placed under arrest or unless you are doing something as obviously non-standard as driving on rims with no rubber. They can possibly tell you that you are not allowed to drive it home and have you call a towtruck to tow it to your house, but they can not take your vehicle into their yard without an arrest warrant. They can however, trick innocent little kids who agree with everything the fatfuck(yay im profiling just like they are) says to call a tow truck and tow their car home for absolutely no reason.

And about this street racing law, if there was no other cars involved, they can not issue the street racing penalty (thats federal) unless they have prime evidence.

So just chill, listen to the pig thats talking, let them walk to their car and back, and once they start to trip on street racing, say, just because I have a modified car does not mean I street race, tell them that you race at the track and my vehicle meets all the standards. And than they will give you a ticket to go to the inspection and you will be on your way.

And yeah, dont be an idiot and sit in your car until the flatbed gets there. And if the tow truck driver teams up with the cop, tell them that although according to them you seem to be at fault, the damages to the goods on the vehicle while being towed will be pressed charges to the towing company and that you have done that before.

Know your rights suckers.

yeah it was a blitz. Some torontomaxima club members got the notice as well :frowning:

the federal street racing charges only apply if there is injury or death as a result.

the new street racing law is provincial and it gives cops power to seize vehicles and suspend licenses based on suspicion

oh well guys, instead of dumping 20 grand into our cheap cars lets just go get used posrches and corvettes, they wont bug us about those, and most of them are just as fast, or faster