MTO Checkup

So after 6 years I was finally pulled over at a speed trap.
Not for speeding but becsaue In Oakville they are cracking down on modified cars. They Cop was very nice and respectiful and told me that I will have to go for a 10 min check on a certen date to make sure my car is road legal.

Does anyone here know what they are going to be looking for on this 10 min check? I am not really worried about my car but I just want to make sure I have everything in order.

And I do not want a bunch of people companing about cops and such as he was very respectiful.

p.s. I hope they have a really crappy car go before me so mine looks great.

this with the subie?

wtf.

ive never heard of this before… usually when they do these blitzes, MTO is on the side of the road doing the check right away

where do you have to go to do it?

that was quick :smiley:

the Nissan Mike. It was a speed trap on Burnamthorpe an he noticed how I had a modified suspension.
I have to go to a place on Cross on the 22nd. they are going to be scheduling a bunch of 10 and 30min checks I believe.

he just told you to do it?

is there a paper or some form or some shit?

this sounds pretty sketch

No I was scheduled for it. I have offical paperwork.

so what are things I should pay attention too for this 10 min checkup?

tires
lights
wipers

iunno… any of the items that are on the back of a Safety Standards Certificate

from what i remember about your 240, the only thing i MIGHT be concerned about are the jdm headlights

it would take a pretty apt inspector to catch onto those, though

im curious as to what this paperwork looks like/and what the test looks like. id like to come with, but on april 22 ill be out of the country

this doesnt make any sense… because you have a MONTH to fix anything potentially fucked up… how does that make any sense at all

Emissions components intact (breathers and other stuff) and tire rubbing when cranking the wheel are two things that come to mind.

Perhaps if you have an intake/cone and you have time throw the stock airbox in…dunno that kind of stuff.

See if you can dig up that “ERASE” website with the modded Saturn for more ideas…

All the best…this all sounds a little weird though I agree.

haha if you want to tag along go for it.
I am going to do little things to just make sure everything is in tiptop
hell I am even hoing to put fender liners back in.

Tires are not great but should easly pass. Hell I have had them for almost 4 years. I am not really worried about the lights and I might even hook the fogs on an ignition so they turn on like DTRL’s

Well my emissions are in the best order they can be with the SR that is

All this because your car “looks modded” to them…hmmm…

Well Benson’s is also flashy red. But damn that definitely sucks. I guess just make sure that you have a jack in there, spare tire, etc

i hope this is just a spring thing

make sure you are with in the legal limits on ride hight make sure you have a cat and a silincer that puts you inder the decible limit grab a modified vechicle packet ( I believe canadian tire has them) then make sure you are with in all those limits for a modified car I hope the dmv/mto knows you have an sr under the hood (you are suposed to tell them)
long and short they are looking at modified vehicles to make sure they are with in the limits of the law
Mael

Here’s the site:

http://www.yorkregionsavealife.com/Erase/ProjectErase.htm

Click on the “MODS” tab and run your mouse over the white circles, checking each “view”.

so what happens, if u fail to meet their standards. Right now i fail all over! i can probably think of like 15 things off the bat that i fail lol.

Well my car is really not loud at all but I will have to just leave a spair tire in my back seat as I have no trunk becasue of work.I did not tell the MTO about the SR but that is the only thing that I have wrong in conjunction with the ERASE website.

And I do not have the EGR as it is a differant motor. But I did pass non hotrod E-test last year no problems.

then they can pull your car till you can pass then you can have your plates back same thing as when they pull your car for being unsafe for the road they pull your plates till you can give the dmv a passing safety then you have to chase the officer down for your plates or just pay to get new ones.

Mael

Well I am sure that there will be noting that they will pull the car of the road for. for smaller things I also know that they will give you a notive to get it fixed and then you have to go to get it looked at again.

for telling the DMV about yopur motor change what is involved with that?

just go there and tell them, they will put it into your insurance and it will probably go up being that it’s a more expensive engine. the insurance on a v6 charger is less then the hemi, also on the persons driving record and yadda yadda… u get the point.